Mobile: Last News

Bungling criminal caught after accidentally recorded his confessions on mobile phone

crook was caught after accidentally recording his confessions on his mobile phone.Wayne Axtell was arrested while riding a stolen Segway scooter and police seized his phone.They found recordings of calls in which he bragged about burglaries that he “got away” with.They included crimes that police had not even linked him to, a court heard.Defending, Peter du Feu told Oxford Crown Court that his client did not know that his phone’s default setting was to record its calls.Prosecutor Alex Radley said the calls led police to link thefts in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire in 2021.Axtell, 39, who had a lock knife on him when arrested, talked about thefts of high value ride-on lawnmowers and gardening tools. Mr du Feu said: “It is an extraordinary piece of evidence and a real own goal for him.”Axtell, who was jailed for four years, admitted conspiracy to steal, burglary, handling stolen goods and having a blade.

record Mobile man
www.dailystar.co.ukwww.dailystar.co.uk

Mobile: Main News

crook was caught after accidentally recording his confessions on his mobile phone.Wayne Axtell was arrested while riding a stolen Segway scooter and police seized his phone.They found recordings of calls in which he bragged about burglaries that he “got away” with.They included crimes that police had not even linked him to, a court heard.Defending, Peter du Feu told Oxford Crown Court that his client did not know that his phone’s default setting was to record its calls.Prosecutor Alex Radley said the calls led police to link thefts in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire in 2021.Axtell, 39, who had a lock knife on him when arrested, talked about thefts of high value ride-on lawnmowers and gardening tools. Mr du Feu said: “It is an extraordinary piece of evidence and a real own goal for him.”Axtell, who was jailed for four years, admitted conspiracy to steal, burglary, handling stolen goods and having a blade.
Three mobile customers will be forced to start paying a daily roaming charge while in the EU from Monday 23 May 2022, as the network reintroduces charges first abolished in 2017.Three mobile users will be charged £2 per day in Europe for using their phone after the network changes its terms and conditions last September.Their customers will also face a £5 per day charge on holidays outside of the EU, even though this was previously free under Three's 'Go Roam' plan.Before Brexit, the EU outlawed roaming charges which meant anybody could use their phones in Europe without any additional charges.Despite the fact that the infrastructure to offer free roaming is already in place, greedy mobile networks including Three, Vodafone and EE will now all charge for EU roaming.O2 remains the only network to continue to allow free EU roaming, as well as giffgaff. These networks initially said they had no plans to charge roaming customers after Brexit, but all backtracked on this promise once the UK left the EU.

Related News

Scientists set up 'alien telescope' to listen to messages sent to Earth from outer space - dailystar.co.uk - state West Virginia
dailystar.co.uk
70%
223
Scientists set up 'alien telescope' to listen to messages sent to Earth from outer space
Scientists have set up an “alien telescope” that focuses purely on sounds coming to Earth from outer space.Researchers at the National Radio Quiet Zone in West Virginia – one of the quietest places on the planet, where mobile phones don’t work and WiFi is scarce – are hoping to pick up messages from extra-terrestrial beings.A huge receiver that is 100 metres wide and fully steerable turns radio waves from space into electric signals that boffins then analyse.Dr Ethan Siegel, a theoretical astrophysicist working on the project, said aliens could be trying to send us messages from deep space.He told FreeThink: “If someone is actively speaking to us from across the universe, if we didn’t listen because we didn’t find it easily the first time, how much would we be short-changing ourselves through our own short sightedness?“If we discover we're not alone in the universe it will change forever how we view life on earth… (but) the way we’re going to find it is not through grainy footage or pixels we can’t make out.”Although there have been plenty of supposed UFOs caught on camera, researchers can’t find out much from the footage as it is often blurry and could have easily been edited.Stay up to date with all the Daily Star's latest news by signing up to one of our free newsletters here.But the new project to listen to outer space could prove the key to having definitive proof of life outside of planet Earth.Ryan Lynch, a scientist at the Green Bank Observatory, added: “The radio signals we’re trying to pick up from space are extremely weak.“It’s like casting a net – the bigger the receiver dish, the bigger the net and the weaker the signals we can pick up.” It comes as governments around the world start to take UFO sightings
Charles Princecharles - Williams - Prince Charles 'moaned' to Camilla at State Opening of Parliament, lip reader says - dailystar.co.uk - city Westminster
dailystar.co.uk
42%
922
Prince Charles 'moaned' to Camilla at State Opening of Parliament, lip reader says
Prince Charles 'moaned' to Camilla he made a historic appearance at the State Opening of Parliament, a lip reader claims.The Prince of Wales was in Westminster delivering the Queen's speech on her behalf today (Tuesday, May 10) after mobility issues forced her to pull out of the formal tradition.According to top lip reader, Jeremy Freeman, as Charles stepped out of his car he gave his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall an honest assessment of their journey, the Mirror reports.Dressed in his Admiral of the Fleet uniform, medals and honour insignia, Charles began walking through the Sovereign's entrance when he issued a complaint, Mr Freeman says.He told the Mirror, says as they got out of the car, Charles told Camilla: "Oh my word that was uncomfortable".Shortly afterwards, Charles could be seen gesturing to Camilla, appearing to tell her what side she should be standing on.And according to Jeremy, as he points out where Camilla should stand, he says: "Your side."Meanwhile a few minutes later as Charles greets officers lining the route to the throne room, he approaches the last one and says: "I hope you're well."The officer then leans forward as he didn't hear the remark and according to Jeremy says: "What, sorry?"Charles the repeats what he said to the officer, who replies: "Well, yes I'm trying." Charles and son Prince William jointly opened Parliament on the Queen’s behalf as Counsellors of State after the monarch delegated the important duty to them.
Piers Morgan - Chris Ship - Williams - Piers Morgan 'concerned' for the Queen as she pulls out of State Opening speech - dailystar.co.uk - Britain
dailystar.co.uk
71%
753
Piers Morgan 'concerned' for the Queen as she pulls out of State Opening speech
TalkTV star Piers Morgan has admitted he is becoming “more and more concerned about the Queen’s health."His worries come after it was announced on Monday (May 9) that Her Majesty would miss the State Opening of Parliament for the first time in nearly six decades.The Monarch, 96, continues to suffer from “episodic mobility problems”, leaving Price Charles, 73, to deliver the speech on her behalf.Presenter Piers, 57, shared his concerns about the Queen on Twitter.He tweeted: “This is not good. Getting more and more concerned about the Queen’s health.”The former Good Morning Britain host retweeted a post from ex-ITV colleague Chris Ship, which outlined what had happened.Chris shared an official statement from Buckingham Palace, which read: “The Queen continues to experience episodic mobility problems and in consultation with her doctors has reluctantly decided that she will not attend the State Opening of Parliament.“At Her Majesty’s request, and with the agreement of the relevant authorities, The Prince of Wales will read the Queen’s speech on Her Majesty’s behalf, with The Duke of Cambridge also in attendance.“The Queen has issued new Letters Patent to delegate to Counsellors of State the Royal function of State Opening of Parliament.“It means this year – for the first time – Prince Charles and Prince William (as Counsellors of State) will open this session of Parliament."For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here Piers shared the news of the Queen’s upcoming absence with his viewers on TalkTV on Monday night.He told listeners: “Incredibly, the last time she missed this ceremony was in 1963.
Destiny - Parents 'need lessons' on how to pack kids lunchboxes as majority 'lack nutrition' - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
47%
805
Parents 'need lessons' on how to pack kids lunchboxes as majority 'lack nutrition'
The Sun. Many midday offerings include crisps, chocolate spread, jam and sausage rolls.Just one in five has veg or salad, while about half contain fruit.A Leeds University study also revealed that most sandwiches were made from white sliced bread, which is low in fibre.It found only 1.6% of lunchboxes met all eight healthy food standards, according to figures released at the European Congress on Obesity in Maastricht.Stephanie Slater, of School Food Matters, said the charity was advising parents of pupils at more than 100 schools.She said they are being given to advise them what to include in their children’s lunchboxes.She commented: “The Leeds study shows that packed lunches rarely meet school food standards.”Figures show that lockdown has fuelled child obesity across England.A total of 14.4% of four and five-year-olds were dangerously heavy last year, which was up from 9.9% in 2019/20.Tam Fry, of the National Obesity Forum, has called for national packed lunch nutrition standards otherwise food quality “might still be hit or miss”.In other parenting news this week, a mum has asked for advice after admitting her five-year-old is addicted to her mobile phone.Parent Destiny Nicole Maes says her daughter 'throws a tantrum' if her phone is taken away from her.Get all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox. Sign up for the free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter
Destiny - Tiktok - 'My 5-year-old is addicted to her phone - I shouldn't have given it to her aged 1' - dailystar.co.uk - USA
dailystar.co.uk
90%
584
'My 5-year-old is addicted to her phone - I shouldn't have given it to her aged 1'
parents use technology to keep their children amused these days when they need five minutes peace.However, mum Destiny Nicole Maes has admitted she's regretting her decision to give her daughter a mobile phone at the age of one.Last month, the US mum took to TikTok on her @destimaes account to ask for advice after her five-year-old became "addicted" to her phone and 'throws a tantrum' if she takes it away.In the viral video, which has racked up more 973,000 views, Destiny filmed one of her five-year-old daughter Sienna's tantrums.Alongside shouting at her mum, the little girl is heard sobbing uncontrollably and refuses to play with her actual toys.She then tells her mum: "Just give me my phone."Destiny then went on to explain that Sienna got her first device when she was one-year-old to keep in contact with her dad who was in the army at the time.She said: "This is what happens when I made the mistake of giving her an electronic [device] around one-year-old."Now that we realise it's affecting her [by] not doing other activities besides being on the phone."Trying to calm her daughter down, Destiny told her: "There's a little girl out there that would kill for your room, Sienna."There's a little girl out in the world that doesn't have anything. And do you know what she would do if she had your room?"She would play with all the toys.
DMCA