infection: Last News

Danniella Westbrook rushed to hospital with life-threatening condition amid ‘sudden health shock’

DANIELLA Westbrook has been rushed to hospital with the bloodstream infection Septicemia. The 48-year-old star, long remembered for her performances as EastEnders' Sam Mitchell, suffered a "sudden health shock".

The condition, which could have been life-threatening, saw her bedridden for several days. A rep for the star told The Sun she is now back home, explaining: "Danniella suffered a sudden health shock.

"Thankfully the issue was caught early and dealt with by medical professionals. Danniella has been released from hospital and is home recovering with the support of close family.

"We are grateful that Danniella hasn’t suffered from any major risks. .css-16e4f55{margin:16px 0;}.css-u6yh49{background-color:rgba(246,242,249,1);margin:16px 0;}.css-1tapza8{padding:20px 15px;}.css-1bk4jdt{padding:20px

. hospital stars infection

Sam Mitchell

www.thesun.co.ukwww.thesun.co.uk

infection: Main News

DANIELLA Westbrook has been rushed to hospital with the bloodstream infection Septicemia. The 48-year-old star, long remembered for her performances as EastEnders' Sam Mitchell, suffered a "sudden health shock".
Monkeypox could have a “massive impact” on access to sexual health services, a top doctor has warned. The disease, which was first found in monkeys, can be transmitted from person to person through close physical contact – including sexual intercourse – and is caused by the monkeypox virus.

Related News

Parents get grim hepatitis warning after 12 children die in mysterious outbreak - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - Ireland
dailystar.co.uk
78%
947
Parents get grim hepatitis warning after 12 children die in mysterious outbreak
parents have been told to keep an eye out for signs of deadly hepatitis in their children after a dozen were confirmed dead in an unexplained outbreak.Hundreds of kids have now been infected as the liver disease continues to strike children across the world — with doctors still baffled as to what might be behind the uptick in cases.Officials in Europe report that 11 children have sadly passed away from hepatitis, with another casualty recorded in Ireland last week.The World Health Organisation (WHO) meanwhile revealed infections had been reported in 20 countries, with 70 potential cases under investigation in a further 13 territories.Experts from the UK Health Security Agency say that infections have increased since children began mixing again after pandemic restrictions were lifted, commenting: "Almost all of the cases have been seen in children under 10, with most cases aged between three and five years."Most of the children affected were previously healthy and only a very small number of cases are linked to another case of hepatitis."This means that even if there has been a case in your family or friends, or if a case has occurred at your child’s nursery or school, your child is still at low risk of developing hepatitis"Medical researchers from around the world now suggest undetected virus with a link to Covid-19 could be to blame.A report sent to health science database medRxiv says that while children with Covid are at "significantly increased risk" for inflammation of the liver.For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.While the boffins did not find evidence of a previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, they did find traces of an adenovirus
Man infected by deadly and rare brain virus which has no vaccine after tick bite - dailystar.co.uk - USA - state Connecticut - state Maine
dailystar.co.uk
50%
261
Man infected by deadly and rare brain virus which has no vaccine after tick bite
tick is recovering from a deadly brain virus just three weeks after a death from the same virus was reported.The unnamed American man in his fifties was hospitalised after falling ill in March, according to the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH).The extremely rare Powassan virus attacks the brain and nervous system and there is currently no vaccine or effective treatments against it.The death three weeks ago came in the nearby state of Maine, meaning that America's Northeast has had two high profile cases in less than a month.Humans are typically infected with the Powassan virus via tick or woodchuck bites.People were urged to take precautions after it was confirmed that the man in the most recent case was bitten by a tick.Dr Manisha Juthani, commissioner of the DPH, said in a statement: "The identification of a Connecticut resident with Powassan virus associated illness emphasises the need to take actions to prevent tick bites from now through the late fall."Using insect repellent, avoiding areas where ticks are likely, and checking carefully for ticks after being outside can reduce the chance of you or your children being infected with this virus."Symptoms of the virus include fever, headaches, vomiting, weakness, seizures, swelling of the brain and meningitis.For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.It often takes between a week and a month after the bite for people to experience those symptoms, and officials say that half of infected persons will suffer long term symptoms as well.Terrifyingly, around one in 10 people who suffer from the Powassan virus will die.Many of those infected will not even realise as the majority
DMCA