Duke: Last News

Drunk man dropped trousers and tried to walk with pants around his ankles in Bolton town centre

A man who was caught trying to wander through Bolton town centre with his underwear around his ankles has vowed to not repeat his drunken mistake. "Ashamed" Gary Charnock, 37, pleaded guilty to outraging public decency by exposing his genitals when he appeared at Bolton Magistrates' Court yesterday.

Charnock, of Duke Street, Bolton, was caught on CCTV in Victoria Square stumbling and staggering around, before dropping his trousers two or three times and exposing his genitals to members of the public about 6pm on February 25.

Mr Miller, defending, told the bench that his client was very drunk at the time, and did not intend to break the law. He said: "My client was very drunk, staggering around, and there were very few people around and fortunately no children.

READ MORE: Five charged following targeted police operation in Trafford

"He engaged with three other young males, hugging and speaking with them, with no aggression shown. At that point he has simply gotten carried away with the good natured exchanges that had gone on before and drops his trousers.

"At one point his trousers were around his ankles and he does try to walk whilst one person goes by. Whilst I'm not trying to make light of the situation, there was a comedic element to the incident." Mr Miller also told the court his client had not been in trouble with the law since 2013, and was a reformed man who was ashamed by his actions that night.

He added: "My client would like to apologise to the court for his behaviour that evening. He told me 'I'm really not looking forward to this, I'm totally ashamed' before his hearing today." Charnock was the victim of a serious machete attack in 2021, which left him struggling to walk and he had been drinking heavily

man target Duke

Duke: Main News

A man who was caught trying to wander through Bolton town centre with his underwear around his ankles has vowed to not repeat his drunken mistake. "Ashamed" Gary Charnock, 37, pleaded guilty to outraging public decency by exposing his genitals when he appeared at Bolton Magistrates' Court yesterday.
Prince Harry has been criticised by a royal commentator over his behaviour towards Meghan Markle's estranged father Thomas Markle.Royal expert Richard Kay said the Duke of Sussex's relationship with Thomas Markle, who he has never met, has been one of "sour mistrust".

Related News

Coleen Rooney - Rebekah Vardy - Lizzie Cundy - Nicola Maclean - Lizzie Cundy and Nicola McLean at loggerheads over WAGatha Christie case - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
82%
307
Lizzie Cundy and Nicola McLean at loggerheads over WAGatha Christie case
Lizzie Cundy and Nicola McLean duked it out in their very own WAG war after the pair came to blows over the WAGatha Christie court battle between Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney.Former WAG Lizzie, 54, who was appearing alongside Nicola on GB News in a segment titled Wagatha Christie: Are you team Vardy or team Rooney, blasted Nicola’s pal Rebekah, dubbing her behaviour ‘horrific’Asked why she was defending her friend Coleen, Lizzie said: “Because this could have all been prevented."Coleen tried three times to stop this from going to court by reaching out to Rebecca to try and get some sort of truce, but Rebekah wanted her day in court.“Sadly, it’s just been character assassination of Rebekah. "It’s not gossip, not hearsay, not the name-calling, it’s evidence.”Nicola, 40, rushed to defend Rebekah and accused Lizzie of not even having a relationship with Coleen.Nicola blasted: “I’d like to know when the last time Lizzie actually spoke to Coleen, coz Coleen’s taken Lizzie off her private Instagram they no longer follow each other.“Do you know that Coleen’s tried to settle it through the horse's mouth or just what you’re reading like everyone else?”Lizzie interrupted saying Coleen was invited to one of her upcoming parties and accused the former I’m a Celebrity...
Bobby Charlton - Williams - Prince William honoured by Royal Mint with £5 coin – but fans are all saying one thing - dailystar.co.uk - county Buckingham
dailystar.co.uk
76%
644
Prince William honoured by Royal Mint with £5 coin – but fans are all saying one thing
Prince William has been ridiculed after it change one very obvious feature of the Duke of Cambridge.The Royal Mint announced that the special coin will be made in honour of the Duke's 40th birthday.It will also mark the first time he has appeared alone on an official coin struck by the Royal Mint.It has been created by designer and engraver Thomas T Docherty, and shows a regal-looking Prince facing outwards in a side-profile.However, it's what is on top of the Duke's head that has sparked ridicule from social media users.Prince William has been known to have a bald patch for many years, but the coin has seemingly changed that and given him an almost-Bobby Charlton-like comb-over.One Twitter user bluntly wrote: “Does the Royal Mint think they're minting coins in the mediaeval times? “We all know that Prince William is as bald as a freshly waxed testicle, so who in the f*** is this with all this hair supposed to be?”The same user also whether or not the Royal Mint were secretly telling the Prince to get "hair plugs".And another user questioned: “This is a toupee, surely?” While many on Twitter simply replied with laughing emojis in response to comments made about the hair.However, back in 2017, the debate about the hair first started at the Royal Mint.At the time, the Royal Mint had planned to draw up new coins to mark the Queen being a great-grandmother.However, as the designs were finalised, concerns were raised about the coverage of the prince’s barnet, as it was reported at the time.Members of the advisory committee of Design of Coins, Medals and Decorations, which oversees the production of commemorative pieces, met to discuss the issue.
prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Royal Family - Camilla Tominey - Royal fans ask Queen to keep Meghan and Harry 'out of Britain' after 'sideshow' warning - dailystar.co.uk - Britain
dailystar.co.uk
46%
409
Royal fans ask Queen to keep Meghan and Harry 'out of Britain' after 'sideshow' warning
Queen has been warned that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's presence at the Platinum Jubilee next month could result in them being an unwelcome 'sideshow' to her special weekend.Her comments come ahead of the events taking place from June 2 to June 5 to celebrate Her Majesty's 70 years on the throne, which Harry and Meghan said they were "excited and honoured" to be invited to.But last week royal commentator Camilla Tominey said it is important the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not take away the limelight from working members of the family, including Princess Anne, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Earl and Countess of Wessex.She said it is vital next month’s celebrations are about the Queen.Speaking to The Telegraph, she explained: “You can include the Sussexes, but you don’t want some sort of Harry and Meghan side show going on when the main event must be HMQ the Queen and equally there will be other members of the Royal Family who are still doing the daily grind who will resent being overshadowed by Harry and Meghan even if they don’t admit it.“You’re not going to want to have the likes of Princess Anne and the Earl and Countess of Wessex for instance who day in day out plant trees, unveil plaques and go to the openings of royal envelopes only to have the media completely focus on Harry and Meghan who aren’t playing a role at all in the so called family.”Many online royal fans appeared to agree with her statement, with one saying that their "self-serving antics" could draw "bad attention" to themselves.Another even said that the pair "should not have been invited in the first place" following their public criticism of the Royal Family.Meghan and Harry will not be seen alongside the Queen on the balcony of
prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Royal Family - Camilla Tominey - Lilibet Diana - Meghan and Harry visit could 'overshadow' Queen and working royals at Jubilee - expert - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
46%
483
Meghan and Harry visit could 'overshadow' Queen and working royals at Jubilee - expert
Queen has been warned she cannot have a Prince Harry and Meghan Markle "sideshow" at her Platinum Jubilee celebrations because it would create resentment among other Royal Family members.Royal commentator Camilla Tominey said it is important the Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not take away the limelight from working members of the family, including Princess Anne, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Earl and Countess of Wessex.She said it is vital next month’s celebrations are about the Queen.Speaking to The Telegraph, she explained: “You can include the Sussexes, but you don’t want some sort of Harry and Meghan side show going on when the main event must be HMQ the Queen and equally there will be other members of the Royal Family who are still doing the daily grind who will resent being overshadowed by Harry and Meghan even if they don’t admit it.“You’re not going to want to have the likes of Princess Anne and the Earl and Countess of Wessex for instance who day in day out plant trees, unveil plaques and go to the openings of royal envelopes only to have the media completely focus on Harry and Meghan who aren’t playing a role at all in the so called family.”Her comments come ahead of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, taking place from June 2 to June 5, which Harry and Meghan said they were "excited and honoured" to be invited to. But the pair will not join the Queen on the balcony of Buckingham Palace because that privilege is only reserved for working members of the Firm.To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters hereThis will be the first time the Queen meets Harry's daughter, Lilibet Diana.
People asked not to feed squirrels bacon as they've 'started attacking pedestrians' - dailystar.co.uk - USA - Indiana - county Harrison
dailystar.co.uk
81%
500
People asked not to feed squirrels bacon as they've 'started attacking pedestrians'
viral on Twitter.The post, shared by Twitter user @UncleDuke1969 with his 73,600 followers, reads: "Please could staff not feed bacon to the squirrels as they have now started attacking pedestrians."Captioning the post, Uncle Duke wrote: "THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN."The tweet has since gone viral - racking up thousands of retweets and more than 11,000 likes.Many were confused, as one person asked: "Pedestrians taste of bacon? Is anyone going to rest this theory?"While another echoed: "Hang on - they buried the lead there: where on earth is it that the pedestrians smell like bacon?!"Meanwhile a third called the animals the "Bacon Batallion", as another added: "The invasion has begun!!! They’ve been right under our nose the whole time, biding time, waiting for civil instability amongst the humans."The sign comes after a policeman recently received a special award for 'bravery and dedication' after being attacked by squirrel.David Wheatley, a sheriff's deputy from Harrison County in Indiana, USA, has been given the cheeky recognition by the force for his courage after footage showed him being set upon by the furry animal.The policeman had been responding to a call from an elderly lady, who had opened the door of her caravan to let her cat in when a squirrel ran inside and began crawling all over her.Get all the biggest Lifestyle news straight to your inbox. Sign up for the free Daily Star Hot Topics newsletter
prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Angela Levin - Harry's 'ludicrous' parenting of Lilibet and Archie criticised by royal expert - dailystar.co.uk
dailystar.co.uk
42%
260
Harry's 'ludicrous' parenting of Lilibet and Archie criticised by royal expert
Prince Harry’s comments about the safety of the internet have been criticised by a royal expert, who observed that Archie and Lilibet won’t old enough to access social media for some time.The prince recently attended a webinar hosted by youth charity 5Rights Foundation, where he reiterated his stance on the dangers of online harm for young people.The Duke of Sussex expressed a concern that his “two little ones” will “never have to experience the internet as it exists now” and called for a safer digital environment.However, speaking to Talk TV, royal expert Angela Levin picked apart the Duke’s comments and suggested that the young age of Archie and Lilibet meant this was a largely hypothetical scenario.“If one is three and the other is nearly one, they’re not going to be on the internet for some time yet,” she suggested.“And by the time they become teenagers, I don’t think the online stuff is going to be anywhere like what it is [now], and they won’t want to do it because it will be stale and old.“So it’s a ludicrous thing to start preparing a child at the age of nearly one, they’re just not ready for it.”Angela also criticised Harry’s suggestion that it is the job of people making money on the internet to “keep us scrolling".“He’s making an awful lot of money out of Spotify and Netflix and not doing very much for it, so I think it’s pot calling the kettle black,” she observed.Meghan Markle was recently dealt a setback when her original animated series Pearl was scrapped amid huge cuts made by the streaming giant.
prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Jack Brooksbank - Frogmore Cottage's staggering cost as Meghan and Harry plan to stay for Queen's Jubilee - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - county Windsor
dailystar.co.uk
66%
153
Frogmore Cottage's staggering cost as Meghan and Harry plan to stay for Queen's Jubilee
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle recently made a surprise trip to the UK ahead of the Invictus Games. It won’t be long until they return again, as the couple are set to come back with their two children, Archie and Lilibet.They're rumoured to be staying in Windsor's royal residence Frogmore Cottage, where Princess Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksbank currently live with their toddler daughter August Philip.It’s a special place for the royals, as Frogmore was their first family home together when Archie was born.They will be back for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, helping mark this historic celebration in British history.It also has a long history and more recent controversy, especially when the two used millions of pounds in taxpayer money to refurbish the place.Here is everything you need to know about Frogmore Cottage.Despite Harry and Meghan calling Frogmore Cottage home, it is technically owned by the Crown Estate.This means that ownership is passed from monarch to monarch and isn’t solely owned by one person.This complicated matters when Harry and Meghan wanted to refurb the old home, as the Crown Estate is directly funded by taxpayer money.The pair faced massive criticism over the refurbishment, which cost a staggering £2.7million.However, the couple defended their eye-watering bill, saying it was mainly work that already needed doing.
DMCA