city Coventry: Last News

Major shake-up at Primark as it opens self-service system but fears on how to exit store - dailystar.co.uk - city Kingston - county Northampton - city Sheffield - city Coventry
dailystar.co.uk
41%
983
Major shake-up at Primark as it opens self-service system but fears on how to exit store
Primark as the company is introducing a self-service system at its stores - but there are concerns at how shoppers get out of the shops.Budget shoppers are about to see big changes at the fashion store, as the project is set to be rolled out across further branches.The retailer has been trialling self-service check-outs, similar to the types seen in supermarkets such as Tesco and Sainsbury's, at certain branches - but now the scheme is set to be rolled out at even more stores.READ MORE: Woman tries full face of Primark makeup and result leaves people 'running to shop'At first the scheme was tested out at Primark's Sheffield and Northampton stores, but now the system is being expanded to try and help customers cut time if they don't want to wait in lengthy queues.The next phase of the trial will see three more stores try out the self-service system.According to the Mirror the reaction to the idea so far has been "positive."A spokesperson for the retailer said: "Earlier this year we launched a trial of self-service checkouts in our Sheffield and Northampton stores. "The response so far has been really positive, especially from customers who are short on time or making smaller purchases."We’re rolling the trial out to our West Bromwich, Kingston and Coventry stores in the coming weeks to help us understand further the benefits that self-service checkouts bring."The tills have already been installed in the stores, and have also got people talking on social media.TikTok user @samirahhxoxo posted a video of the tills, and said it all looked "bougee."In other words, it looks quite fancy.
Ashley Cain - Safiyya Vorajee - Ashley Cain completes first of 5 runs in 5 days for childhood cancer charity in memory of daughter Azaylia - metro.co.uk - Britain - London - Ireland - city Belfast - Dublin - Singapore - city Coventry
metro.co.uk
36%
928
Ashley Cain completes first of 5 runs in 5 days for childhood cancer charity in memory of daughter Azaylia
Ashley Cain has started the first of five planned charity marathon runs in aid of a foundation in honour of his late daughter that will span across five major cities in Ireland and the UK over the next five days.The runs are to mark the second birthday on August 10 of his daughter Azaylia, who died of ‘a rare and aggressive’ form of leukaemia last April aged eight months.Ashley and Azaylia’s mum, Safiyya Vorajee, had hoped to take her to Singapore for specialist treatment to save her life, but were tragically told her condition had worsened and it was no longer an option.His route through Dublin on Wednesday began at Fitzwilliam Square, passed Stephen’s Green and went through the Phoenix Park, Crumlin, Terenure and Ballsbridge before finishing back in the city centre at just before 4.30pm.He will then undertake marathon routes in Belfast on Thursday, Glasgow on Friday, Cardiff on Saturday and finish in London on Sunday.Ashley, who played for Coventry City and later featured in reality TV show Ex On The Beach, founded The Azaylia Foundation to help fight childhood cancer through advancing early diagnosis and new treatment availability in the UK.After completing a 100-mile ultra marathon in April, Ashley is to undertake three further athletic challenges this month, starting with these five marathons in five days across the five cities.The star will be joined by friends, family and public figures along the routes, having received support from cousin Tamika Cain and Rehan Khalid for today’s run.Taking to Instagram after his first marathon, Ashley, who was looking forward to a pint of Guinness, said: ‘First of five, done and dusted. Dubs, it’s been a pleasure.
Ekin Su Cülcüloğlu - Davide Sanclimenti - Love Island: the real reason Reece took Ekin-Su on a date and LOL - heatworld.com - city Coventry - city Sanclimenti
heatworld.com
74%
354
Love Island: the real reason Reece took Ekin-Su on a date and LOL
Ekin-Su Cülcüloglu for a date and she very quickly friendzoned him because she's fully into Davide Sanclimenti.However it turns out that Love Island fans think he had a secret agenda when he picked Ekin-Su for a date."Reece knew no one was interested in him so decided to cause chaos and I respect it #loveisland," wrote one fan.Another viewer said, "24hrs Nahh Reece, we want nothing but violence!!!! #LoveIsland"One more added, "Reece choosing Ekin for the date #LoveIsland"While we hope that the new bombshells cause a lot of drama in the villa, here's everything you need to know about Reece.Reece is 23 years old.Reece is pretty fit and it turns out he's a model from Coventry.Bombshell Reece entered the Love Island villa on Wednesday night and quickly made it clear that he'll be a threat to the boys.“I definitely think the boys are going to be worried about me, I am tall, dark and handsome, what more does a girl want," he said.He then went on to reveal why he decided to join the villa, "I am mature enough now. I was a bit of a ‘Jack the lad’ and a player but now I feel like I am more mature and ready to find love."Reece has said he believes his “good looks and good chat” will help him win the girls over.Even though he’s never actually been in an official relationship, he still thinks he’d be a great boyfriend, “I know how to make a girl feel special with little or big gestures.”The former footballer admitted, "I just haven’t found the right one to be honest.
Dominic Harrison - Yungblud announces intimate UK and Europe shows - nme.com - Australia - Britain - New Zealand - USA - county Southampton - Madrid - Dublin - Berlin - city Coventry
nme.com
79%
487
Yungblud announces intimate UK and Europe shows
Yungblud has shared details of an intimate UK and European tour.The artist will play smaller venues as part of his ‘International As Fuck Tour’, taking in shows in Dublin, Dundee, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, Coventry, Bournemouth, Southampton, Kingston upon Thames, Brighton, Hamburg, Munich, Cologne, Wien, Berlin, Milano and Madrid between October 18 and November 15, 2022.Tickets are on sale now via his official website.The Doncaster singer-songwriter is currently on tour playing festivals in Europe ahead of shows in Australia, New Zealand and the US.Yungblud UK and Europe tour dates 2022:OCTOBERThursday October 20 – Dundee, Fat SamsFriday October 21 – Newcastle, Boiler RoomSaturday October 22 – Leeds, Riley Smith TheatreSunday October 23 – Liverpool, Hangar 34Monday October 24 – Coventry, HMV EmpireTuesday October 25 – Bournemouth, Old Fire StationWednesday October 26 – Southampton 1865Thursday October 27 – Kingston, PryzmSaturday October 29 – Brighton, ChalkIn other news, Yungblud recently released new single ‘Don’t Feel Like Feeling Sad Today‘, which is taken from his self-titled third album that arrives on September 2.In a press release, the artist (real name Dominic Harrison) explained that he wrote the song “to help me stand up”, declaring that, “To me, this song is what happiness feels like. A defiant sort of happiness.
Lewis Capaldi - Tom Grennan - George Ezra - Kate Nash - Tom Grennan hits out at Leadmill landlords as iconic Sheffield venue faces closure - dailystar.co.uk - city Coventry
dailystar.co.uk
94%
303
Tom Grennan hits out at Leadmill landlords as iconic Sheffield venue faces closure
exclusively to Daily Star, backstage at Radio 1's Big Weekend in Coventry, he vented his frustration at the decision, claiming it was an "awful" decision.Tom said: "Mate, it's awful – for Sheffield, that [Leadmill] is the heart and soul of music."I've played Leadmill, I've seen gigs in Leadmill and for me, it's one of the best venues for up-and-coming artists and for it to maybe be closing is sad, man."Sheffield is such a music city and the community is so strong there that hopefully, people will round the troops up and keep it open."My fingers are crossed and if I can do anything to help, I will."Reflecting on his favourite memory of the iconic club and music venue, he explained: "I think headlining it when I first did a tour, that was my first big tour."When I got told I was playing Leadmill, I couldn't believe it, that's probably my best memory."Announcing the devastating news, the venue took to Twitter saying: "Today we have received some devastating news that in 1 year's time, our Landlord is evicting us and forcing us to close."Please show your support by sharing this news & sending us your best memories that we can gather to help display all the reasons why #WeCantLoseLeadmill."Bands such as the Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, The Stone Roses, Oasis, Kings of Leon and The Killers have all headlined the venue, as well as artists such as Kate Nash, George Ezra and Lewis Capaldi.The owners, Electric Group, have since said there was "never any question" as to whether the venue would close at the end of its agreement in March 2023.Dominic Madden, CEO of the London-based company said: "For the avoidance of doubt, we are music people, we spend our lives running independent music venues and the Leadmill will continue to operate as
Paul Maccartney - Alicia Keys - Harry Styles - Rod Stewart - Adam Lambert - Elizabeth Ii II (Ii) - Adele - Queen Elizabeth Ii - Adele and Harry Styles 'snubbed Queen’s invite' to perform at her Royal Jubilee concert - express - Los Angeles - county Charles - city Coventry
express.co.uk
67%
280
Adele and Harry Styles 'snubbed Queen’s invite' to perform at her Royal Jubilee concert
Adele, 34, and Harry Styles, 28, reportedly turned down the opportunity to perform at the Platinum Jubilee weekend.The artists did not take to the stage as part of the four-day celebrations to honour the Queen's 70 years of service.The Platinum Party at the Palace was a huge show as part of the Queen’s celebrations earlier this month.The event saw a number of global superstars perform outside Buckingham Palace, including the likes of Queen, Rod Stewart and Alicia Keys. Concert organisers were apparently keen for Adele to join the line-up. However, the Los Angeles-based reportedly turned them down, snubbing the concert in spite of being awarded an MBE for her services to music in 2013. "They were told she couldn’t do it,” a source claimed.“Scheduling issues, or something like that, were given as an excuse."It caused a lot of surprise, particularly as she was awarded an MBE. “After all, how many chances will there be to perform in front of Buckingham Palace for the Queen?" the insider told The Daily Mail. Meanwhile, a source told the paper that Harry “was asked”, but did not go into further detail.A source close to the former One Direction explained to Express.co.uk that he has been busy on his tour as well as promoting his new album.He also headlined Radio 1's Big Weekend in Coventry the week prior.Express.co.uk have contacted Adele and Harry’s representatives for comment. Platinum Party at the Palace took place on June 4, featuring the Queen herself in a pre-recorded comedy segment with the much loved Paddington Bear. Comedian Lee Mack served as host for the event, while Prince William and Prince Charles gave speeches.There were some pre-taped tribute messages from some huge names, including Sir Paul McCartney and former
Holly Willoughby - Phillip Schofield - Vanessa Feltz - This Morning in chaos as Holly and Phil beg ITV crew to fix epic phone blunder - dailystar.co.uk - city Coventry
dailystar.co.uk
81%
369
This Morning in chaos as Holly and Phil beg ITV crew to fix epic phone blunder
This Morning hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield suffered a mighty technical blunder which left them begging their crew for help.The famous ITV presenting duo panicked after realising nobody from their TV production crew seemed to be phoning members of the public during the call-in feature - called Spin to Win.They had just admitted the segment needed some work when they kicked it off on Thursday's edition of This Morning (June 16) - telling viewers they weren't sure what to do on screen when waiting for their callers.Holly and Phil joked they could just dance around on set as they waited to hear from their viewers - and revealed they'd had some "dirty" suggestions sent in which they wouldn't dare touch.But when they tried to get the segment moving, the show fell into chaos as nobody from the production team seemed to be calling anybody - the key part of Spin To Win.The initial dialing sound played, but silence fell on the studio when no ringing could be heard.The camera panned to smiling members of the ITV production team, as well as presenter Vanessa Feltz and This Morning's resident fashionista Gok Wan.A puzzled Phil asked: "What's happening?" before Holly asked: "Is the phone even ringing?" and Phil cried out: "Have we rung anyone? Have we?"He then started panicking and shouted: "Have we found anyone? Have we phoned anyone?"Holly cried: "The phone's not even ringing! It didn't even ring!" - and then the pair burst out laughing.Phil let out an exasperated sigh as Holly told their team: "Guys, we've got to tie all the bits together.
Virgil Van-Dijk - Calvin Harris - Vick Hope - Calvin Harris makes surprise appearance on Liverpool FC’s victory parade bus after Champions League final - metro.co.uk - France - Paris - Jordan - county Andrew - county Henderson - county Robertson - city Coventry
metro.co.uk
74%
145
Calvin Harris makes surprise appearance on Liverpool FC’s victory parade bus after Champions League final
Calvin Harris looked like a kid in a candy shop as he joined Liverpool FC’s parade bus following their Champions League match today. The superstar DJ, who recently got engaged to presenter Vick Hope, was brought on-board to spin tracks for the Reds and their fans as the double-decker snaked around Merseyside on Sunday. It came after Liverpool suffered a defeat during the Champions League final in Paris on Saturday with Real Madrid taking the trophy. However, they have plenty to celebrate having won the FA Cup and Carabao Cup recently and what better way than to have one of the biggest DJs in the world soundtrack their victory parade.Calvin, who produced one of the club’s unofficial anthems, One Kiss, was spotted mingling with footballers Jordan Henderson, Andrew Robertson, Jordan Henderson and Virgil van Dijk. The music producer became an honorary member of the team as he was seen giving fans two thumbs up before treating the crowds to his songs. Hours before, the Summer hitmaker had shared his disappointment that he would be missing Liverpool’s game in France as he was headlining BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend in Coventry that night. However, Henderson sent a special message to the Reds fan, writing in an Instagram post: ‘Hi Calvin, it’s Jordan Henderson.
DMCA