London: Last News

Kelly Osbourne - Ozzy Osbourne - Sharon Osbourne - Sid Wilson - Ozzy Osbourne makes rare appearance in London with wife Sharon and daughter Kelly after ‘major operation’ - metro.co.uk - London - county San Diego - London
metro.co.uk
73%
287
Ozzy Osbourne makes rare appearance in London with wife Sharon and daughter Kelly after ‘major operation’
London, after a series of health issues.The Black Sabbath frontman has kept a low profile recently after undergoing an operation in June that would ‘determine his life’.The 73-year-old recently said that it was a ‘slow climb back’ after the surgery.He was pictured making his way into a hotel in the capital on a getaway with the Talk host and their daughter, Kelly Osbourne, who is expecting her first child with boyfriend Sid Wilson.The rocker kept his head down as he walked into the venue, with the mom-to-be following suit – noticeable by her incredible lilac locks.Sharon flashed a smile before joining her family, sporting her trademark red hairdo and giant sunglasses for the day.She recently opened up about her partner’s health, explaining in June that he was due to go under the knife.Speaking on the Talk, she told guest star Vanessa Feltz that she would be by his side in hospital for the operation, which comes after he continued to battle other medical issues.‘He has a very major operation on Monday and I have to be there,’ she said at the time.’It’s really going to determine the rest of his life.’Ozzy was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2003, but only revealed he had the condition in January, 2020.He also suffered a fall at home in 2019, which aggravated injuries from a 2003 quad bike accident.Discussing his health in a candid chat at Comic-Con last month, after being diagnosed with Covid-19, he spoke of getting out of the house and traveling to San Diego for the event.‘I like to see people,’ he told Entertainment Tonight. ‘That’s been the hardest thing of the past three years, because I’ve been trying to recover from my surgery. ‘I’m getting there.
Eventim Apollo evacuated during Iranian singer Dariush’s concert after threat called in - metro.co.uk - Iran - London - county Love
metro.co.uk
65%
535
Eventim Apollo evacuated during Iranian singer Dariush’s concert after threat called in
Metro.co.uk in a statement: ‘At 20:06hrs on Sunday, 9 October police received an anonymous call making a threat towards a music venue which officers subsequently determined was likely to be the Eventim Apollo in Queen Caroline Street, W6.‘There was nothing to indicate that the threat made was genuine but at 20:21hrs officers attended the venue to speak to security staff and to determine whether they were aware of anything suspicious or otherwise of concern.‘Nothing of suspicion had been brought to the attention of staff but at around 20:40hrs, the venue management took the decision to evacuate as a precaution.‘Officers are on scene to provide reassurance and to ensure the safe departure of those who have now left the building.‘There are no reports of any injuries and no items of suspicion have been found.’After thousands left the building, demonstrations started outside, with it being reported that people were protesting against the Iranian regime and chanting slogans including ‘woman, life, liberty.’One attendee shared a video, writing on Twitter: ‘Dariush – Acclaimed Iranian singer’s concert at the Eventim Apollo Hammersmith interrupted and cancelled. Angry protest taking place outside now, condemning Iran’s rulers.’Another added: ‘Eventim Apollo locked off cause of this “scare” Protests continue outside.’Parents in court accused of murdering their 11-week-old daughterDermot O'Leary beams as he completes Royal Parks Half MarathonLeomie Anderson says she was 'racially profiled' at restaurant and banned from returningDariush, 71, is known for songs including Don’t Tell Me You Love Me.
Coleen Rooney - Rebekah Vardy - Wayne Rooney - Jamie Vardy - Justice Steyn - Caroline Watt - Savage WhatsApp messages that exposed Rebekah Vardy's libel claim in Wagatha hearing - express - London - city Leicester - county Caroline - London
express.co.uk
87%
120
Savage WhatsApp messages that exposed Rebekah Vardy's libel claim in Wagatha hearing
Rebekah Vardy was accused of leaking information from Coleen Rooney’s private Instagram account to the press in October 2019.The WAG, 40, took legal action against Rooney, 36, in May for libel but today, Vardy lost the case at the High Court of Justice in London. In her judgment today, Mrs Justice Steyn wrote: "I have found that Ms Vardy was party to the disclosure to The Sun of the Marriage, Birthday, Halloween, Pyjamas, Car Crash, Gender Selection, Babysitting and Flooded Basement Posts."It is likely that Ms Watt undertook the direct act, in relation to each post, of passing the information to a journalist at The Sun."Nonetheless, the evidence analysed above clearly shows, in my view, that Ms Vardy knew of and condoned this behaviour, actively engaging in it by directing Ms Watt to the Private Instagram Account, sending her screenshots of Ms Rooney’s posts, drawing attention to items of potential interest to the press, and answering additional queries raised by the press via Ms Watt."We look back at nine key exchanges between Rebekah Vardy and her agent Caroline Watt.Giving evidence, Vardy was asked about the so-called ‘Photoshop girl’ conversation with Caroline where they discuss edited photos.An image appears to have been sent to Caroline by Vardy, but the trial heard that, due to issues with uploading Whatsapp data, all the image files have been lost.Vardy says to Watt that the pictures “made her fume” as the editing software Photoshop can make you look “five sizes smaller”.Giving evidence, Vardy said that, when she told Caroline to “leak a story”, she was talking about a report on “body positivity”.The court saw messages between Vardy and Caroline in which they discuss Jamie Vardy’s former Leicester City team mate
Martin Roberts - Homes Under The Hammer's Martin Roberts rages over Paddington Bear statue being moved - express - county Brown - London
express.co.uk
80%
544
Homes Under The Hammer's Martin Roberts rages over Paddington Bear statue being moved
Homes Under The Hammer presenter Martin Roberts has taken to social media to express his fury after the Paddington Bear statue was moved when the Central London station incorporated the Elizabeth line.Speaking in a video shared with his 21,000 followers, Martin raged over the “rubbishy” location chosen for the statue.The TV star called on his fans to help him get the statue moved back to its previously historically relevant place inside the station.Filming himself in a busy Paddington Station, Martin said: “I’m just at Paddington station and there’s something really important that I need your help to sort out.“Paddington Bear, as you know, was discovered by Mr and Mrs Brown in Paddington station.“And for years, there has been a Paddington statue underneath the clock over there, where Paddington was first found.“When they opened the Elizabeth line, they decided - in some mad idea - that they would move Paddington to here - in this rubbishy little area, away from everybody.”Martin continued: “So, I don’t know who made this decision.“I know there are bigger problems in the world, right? But I think this is rubbish.“And so, help me complain to get Paddington moved back to where he should be, which is over there by the clock, which is where he was found.”In the caption, Martin wrote: “I know there are more important issues in the world…but …The Paddington Bear statue at Paddington station has been moved to a TERRIBLE location.“Can you help me get it moved back to where Paddington was first found by Mr & Mrs Brown? #movepaddingtonbear @paddingtonbear @gwruk”Other social media users threw their support behind Martin as they took to the post’s comments section to share their outrage over the decision.Stilla1408 said: “That is
Kevin Spacey - Kevin Spacey granted unconditional bail as he ‘strenuously denies’ sex assault allegations - metro.co.uk - Britain - London - USA - London
metro.co.uk
61%
975
Kevin Spacey granted unconditional bail as he ‘strenuously denies’ sex assault allegations
facing sex assault charges in a London court today, which he has ‘strenuously’ denied.The 62-year-old Oscar-winning actor appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Thursday morning, where he did not enter pleas to four charges of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.After entering the dock, the actor stood to give his name as Kevin Spacey Fowler, as well as his date of birth as July 26, 1959, and an address in London.Patrick Gibbs QC, defending, said: ‘Mr Spacey strenuously denies any and all criminality in this case.’At the conclusion of the 28-minute hearing in front of Deputy District Judge Tan Ikram, the court also set a date for Spacey’s next appearance, which will be at Southwark Crown Court on July 14 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.Spacey was faced with a hoard of photographers as he turned up to the courthouse a little before 10am, cracking a smile as his team led him through the crowd.The actor, wearing a blue suit, was accompanied by his legal team as well as two police officers, who battled to get him from a silver Mercedes to the entry.The CPS authorised charges against him last month, but the American could only be formally charged once he had travelled to the UK earlier this week.To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 videoThe charges are:Last month the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) confirmed Spacey, 62, had been charged with four counts of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.The allegations relate to three men, now in their 30s and 40s, in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013,
Pete Davidson - Kim Kardashian - Elizabeth Ii II (Ii) - Royal Family - Queen Elizabeth Ii - Kim Kardashian, Pete Davidson denied tickets to attend Platinum Jubilee parties - nypost.com - Britain - London - USA - London
nypost.com
46%
734
Kim Kardashian, Pete Davidson denied tickets to attend Platinum Jubilee parties
source told The Sun of the official parade Thursday that celebrated the queen’s record 70 years on the throne.“The Queen’s birthday parade was the hottest ticket in town … But they were turned down as all the tickets had gone to family members of servicemen and military VIPs,” said the insider, whom The Sun described as “an impeccably-placed source.”“There are some tickets you just can’t buy,” the source said, insisting that the royal family does not “need American reality TV stars.”“The biggest celebrities in the world are already there — the British Royal Family,” the insider said.The 41-year-old reality star — who has been photographed in London this week with 28-year-old lover Davidson — was “politely” turned down by the UK’s Ministry of Defense, The Sun said.She then suffered similar humiliation while trying to get tickets for Platinum Party at the Palace on Saturday — even after saying she didn’t mind if they were “not VIP,” a source told the Daily Mail.Kardashian and her “Saturday Night Live” beau were turned down by both the Palace as well as the BBC, which is broadcasting the show, the UK paper said.“Kim rarely gets turned down to attend any event, so this has been quite surprising, especially as she doesn’t visit the UK often,” the paper’s source said.“Kim and Pete love the Royal Family and really wanted to be a part of this special celebration.”Kim’s representatives declined to comment, the Mail said.
Tom Hanks - Olivia Dejonge - Heart Radio’s Yasmin Evans shares first photo on crutches after being ‘punched and knocked out’ in brutal assault - metro.co.uk - London - county Butler - Austin, county Butler - London
metro.co.uk
48%
458
Heart Radio’s Yasmin Evans shares first photo on crutches after being ‘punched and knocked out’ in brutal assault
brutal assault by four men whose advances she rejected.After the presenter returned to work, she hosted the Bafta premiere of Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis.Sharing a snap in the mirror, she looked stunning in an all-white look, leaning on her crutch for support.Yasmin wrote on her Instagram Stories: ‘Hey loves, I thought about taking some time off the next few days and maybe I will at some point but tonight I hosted a premiere with a beautiful cast & crew including Tom Hanks, Baz Lurhmann (fan girl), Austin Butler and Olivia DeJonge, it was such a great conversation, even Tom Hanks took the time to big me up.’The presenter added: ‘Crutch and I are taking ourselves to bed but before I do I just want to say I am so incredibly blown away and emotional about your support.‘A million thank yous aren’t enough. I’m hoping some updates follow and in the meantime your words & love mean a lot.’Yasmin recently returned to work after being the victim of a shocking assault.It happened on Friday night as the 31-year-old was walking towards Liverpool Street station in London to get a train home with a friend. Yasmin, a former BBC Radio 1Xtra DJ, revealed how one man grabbed her arm before arguing and proceeded to ‘punch [her] in the face’.
Charli XCX wears T-shirt with powerful message as she heads to London for new album release - metro.co.uk - London
metro.co.uk
60%
594
Charli XCX wears T-shirt with powerful message as she heads to London for new album release
Charli XCX was spotted wearing some absolutely fire fits as she explored London ahead of the release of her new album.The Boom Clap singer landed in the capital this week where she was set to do several interviews to promote her new album, Crash.Released on Friday, March 18, Charli has described the sound of the new record as ‘cool as f**k’, with fans having waited impatiently for months for it to be released.Despite all the work ahead however, Charli found time to explore the capital and enjoy the food and restaurants London has to offer.The singer was seen heading out of the Sexy Fish restaurant in glamorous Mayfair on Thursday, wearing a powerful slogan across her chest.It read: ‘They don’t build statues of critics’, a quote attributed to 1930s composer Jean Sibelius.Maybe Charli was sending a message to all the music critics ready to rate or slate her new album?The quote appeared on a comfortable light pink crop top, which Charli paired with low-rise black trousers to show off even more of her toned body.Charli, her brunette locks flowing down her back, also wore black shoes and hid her face with dark sunglasses.And – because it was St Patrick’s Day, after all – the musician carried a cute, smart green handbag.Charli happily posed with a peace sign for cameras before heading off to finish her night out.After her meal at the popular restaurant, Charli got glammed up to the nines as she put on a busty display in preparation for her performance at G-A-Y nightclub in central London.The star looked stunning as she swapped the pink crop top for a revealing, bikini-like black leather piece, her eyes done up in smokey silver eyeshadow.She flashed a smile and a wave to cameras ahead of her performance in the world-famous
Ed Sheeran - Taron Egerton - Shane Warne - Phil Daniels - Mike Bartlett - Jonathan Bailey - Marianne Elliott - Taron Egerton ‘absolutely fine’ after fainting on stage during opening night of new West End play - metro.co.uk - London - London
metro.co.uk
54%
539
Taron Egerton ‘absolutely fine’ after fainting on stage during opening night of new West End play
Taron Egerton left fans concerned after he fainted on stage during the opening night of his new West End play, Cock.The 32-year-old was performing in a new production of Cock at the Ambassadors Theatre, in London on Saturday, when he passed out.According to reports, one of his co-stars stopped the performance and the safety curtain came down while he was treated.A doctor in the audience rushed backstage to help, with director Marianne Elliott appearing on stage with an update after a 40-minute break.She took the moment to quell everyone’s fears, explaining that Taron was ‘absolutely fine’ after the incident.Understudy Joel Harper-Jackson stepped in to his role when the play eventually continued.A statement from the play’s production read: ‘During this evening’s first preview of Mike Bartlett’s play Cock at the Ambassadors Theatre, Taron Egerton fainted towards the end of the performance.‘A doctor who was in the audience attended to Taron immediately after the incident, and whilst he felt fine, it was decided that Taron’s understudy, Joel Harper-Jackson would continue in the role to complete the performance.’Taron has yet to speak out publicly over his health scare.Cock will return to the stage for the next scheduled performance on March 7, and will run until June 4.Damian Hurley pays tribute to 'father figure' Shane Warne following his death aged 52Charli XCX gets real about perils of social media expectations: 'People see me as tough''Gutted' Ed Sheeran spoke to Shane Warne on phone days before 'amazing' friend's deathThe production, a rendition of Mike Bartlett’s 2009 play, also stars Jonathan Bailey, Jade Anouka and Phil Daniels.The synopsis reads: ‘John (Jonathan Bailey) is happy in himself, and with his boyfriend
Ed Sheeran - Brenda Edwards - Jamal Edwards - Jamal Edwards candlelit vigil held by his mural in Acton as devastated fans pay tribute to SBTV founder after his sudden death aged 31 - metro.co.uk - Britain - London
metro.co.uk
82%
456
Jamal Edwards candlelit vigil held by his mural in Acton as devastated fans pay tribute to SBTV founder after his sudden death aged 31
supports HTML5 videoJamal Edwards fans flocked to his hometown of Acton last night to pay tribute to the late SBTV founder following his death. The entrepreneur died on Sunday morning at the age of 31 following a ‘sudden illness’, his mother Loose Women presenter Brenda Edwards confirmed. On Monday night, large groups of devastated supporters surrounded the mural of Edwards, which was recently erected on Acton High Street in the area where he grew up in west London. Videos show the mourners rapping freestyles in the style of his iconic online music platform SBTV and consoling each other at the candlelit vigil. Edwards was proud of the mural and shared an Instagram photo of his close friend Ed Sheeran posing beside it in December. He wrote in the caption: ‘Took my brother Ed @teddysphotos to visit my mural in the ends! #Acton – thanks for the support as always family.’ Edwards rose to prominence after setting up SBTV in 2006, and was credited with helping to launch a string of UK music acts to stardom, including Sheeran, Dave and Jessie J. His heartbroken mother confirmed his death in a statement on Monday, which said in part: ‘It is with the deepest heartache that I can confirm that my beautiful son Jamal Edwards passed away yesterday morning after a sudden illness. ‘Myself, his sister Tanisha and the rest of his family and friends are completely devastated.
DMCA