Sherri Shepherd‘s show is back!
17.09.2023 - 15:49 / perezhilton.com
Rosie O’Donnell has some “advice” for Drew Barrymore…
On Saturday, the 61-year-old television personality posted to Instagram a screenshot of an essay from Elizabeth Grey, who shared her two cents on what the 48-year-old actress should do regarding the return of The Drew Barrymore Show. The post read:
Related: Drew’s Stalker Wanted On Arrest Warrant After He Ditched GPS Monitor Fitting
Well said, Elizabeth! Say it louder! Rosie captioned the post “advice 4 @drewbarrymore” alongside a heart emoji. Ch-ch-check it out (below):
Such good advice!
By now you’ve heard that the Charlie’s Angel star’s daytime talk show is returning for season four in the middle of the strikes in Hollywood — even though it is a struck show and employs union writers. Therefore, Drew is violating the WGA strike rules and hurting her writers as they fight for better working conditions and fair wages.
Drew, no doubt, was the last person anyone expected to become a scab. This is the same person who showed solidarity with the striking writers at first when she decided not to host the MTV Movie and TV Awards in May! And now the Scream star decides to cross the picket line? What the f**k.
Despite facing backlash, Drew has only continued to double down and justify her reasons for the show coming back amid the strike. She posted an emotional (non) apology video on Friday, saying there is “nothing I can do that will make this OK.” However, she stood by her decision at the end of the day:
Sadly, Drew seems unwilling to change her mind — even if industry vets like Rosie speak out and plead with her to stop the show. Very upsetting to see. Thoughts on the situation, Perezcious readers? Let us know in the comments.
[Image via The Drew Barrymore
Sherri Shepherd‘s show is back!
After Drew Barrymore, Bill Maher, Jennifer Hudson and The Talk reversed course on premiering their talk shows, some WGA members are now focusing on Dancing with the Stars and questioning why the dance competition is moving forward with its Sept. 26 return to ABC.
Cher and her boyfriend Alexander ‘AE’ Edwards are back together again! The pair had announced their split “a couple of weeks ago” but it seems they have decided to give love a second. The celebrity couple confirmed that they are dating again after being spotted on a double date with Colombian singer J Balvin and his girlfriend Valentina Ferrer.CHER’S FRIENDSHIP WITH TINA TURNER AMID HEALTH STRUGGLES: ‘SHE WAS SO STRONG’CHER DEFENDS 40-YEAR AGE GAP WITH NEW BOYFRIEND: ‘LOVE DOESN’T KNOW MATH’J BALVIN SURPRISES COLOMBIA WOMEN’S SOCCER TEAM AFTER WIN IN AUSTRALIAThe 77-year-old music legend and the 37-year-old music executive wore matching all-black ensembles and were photographed holding hands outside a restaurant in Beverly Hills, California.
Drew Barrymore's talk show The Drew Barrymore Show will no longer make its planned return on September 18 during the SAG-AFTRA/WGA strikes that have brought Hollywood to a halt. Barrymore was accused of strike-breaking for her decision to begin filming again without writers.
Rosie O’Donnell is one of the many people in Hollywood who criticized Drew Barrymore‘s decision to resume production on her talk show amid the WGA strike.
The Drew Barrymore Show was met with wide backlash, including from the Writers Guild of America (WGA), who picketed outside CBS Broadcast Center as taping resumed this week.Alyssa Milano told The Associated Press that it was “not a great move” on Barrymore’s part, while Bradley Whitford also spoke out against the decision.“Drew Barrymore would like you to know that undermining union solidarity at the most crucial moment in Hollywood labor history makes her the victim,” he wrote on Twitter. “This has been, like, a super tough week for her.”Barrymore initially defended her decision in a widely-shared video, where she insisted the return of the show would comply with the terms of the strike.
earlier this month after announcing that her talk show would resume production amid ongoing for fair wages and workplace improvements in Hollywood. While hosting the show does not inherently break the SAG-AFTRA strike requirements, the talk show has employed WGA writers, some of whom when The Drew Barrymore Show began taping on Monday, September 11. All this to say, any writing on the show would be of the WGA strike.This content can also be viewed on the site it from.After an entire week of backlash, picketing, and urges from actors and writers to reconsider, Barrymore has reversed her decision.
After being hit with backlash for taking her daytime talk show into production in the midst of the ongong WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes, Drew Barrymore has decided to shut down production altogether.
Good news! Drew Barrymore has made the decision to halt the return of The Drew Barrymore Show!
If you’re looking for Drew Barrymore‘s apology video, you won’t find it anymore.
Drew Barrymore this morning posted an emotional apology to WGA members regarding her decision to return to her daytime talk show amid the ongoing WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes. A number of high-profile actors, writers and organizations responded, most not happy. Barrymore has since removed the apology from her Instagram page.
The Drew Barrymore Show producer CBS Media Ventures has released a statement in response to the backlash that both the show and the host Drew Barrymore have been receiving this week.
Drew Barrymore is further attempting to justify her decision to bring back The Drew Barrymore Show.
Drew Barrymore is speaking out after facing severe backlash for choosing to resume "The Drew Barrymore Show" during the writers and actors strikes. Barrymore took to Instagram Friday to share an apology video in which she "wanted to own a decision so it wasn't a PR-protected decision" and take "full responsibility" for her actions. "I know there's just nothing I can do that will make this OK for those it is not OK with," Barrymore said.
Drew Barrymore is speaking out after facing backlash over her decision to resume her daytime talk show amid the ongoing WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes.
Drew Barrymore is responding to critics after choosing to resume her daytime talk show while the writer’s strike is ongoing.
Pete Doherty documentary Stranger In My Own Skin have been revealed. Watch full trailer for the film above.Previously announced as debuting at Zurich Film Festival, Peter Doherty — Stranger In My Own Skin is directed by the Libertines and Babyshambles singer’s wife Katia deVidas, who also plays in his other solo outfit band The Puta Madres.Now, it has been announced that the film will hit cinemas from November 9, 2023 – with screenings taking place in the UK, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Spain, the Netherlands, Poland, Canada, Ireland and Austria.A synopsis describes the feature-length documentary as “following English punk singer-songwriter and Libertines’ legendary frontman, Peter Doherty, as he plunges into the depths of addiction at the very height of his popularity.“Over a period of 10 years, the artist was intimately filmed by director-musician Katia deVidas who shot more than 200 hours of exclusive footage.
Drew Barrymore has been dropped as host of the upcoming National Book Awards ceremony, a day after her talk show taped its first episode since the Hollywood writers strike began.
Drew Barrymore will no longer be hosting the 2023 National Book Awards.
The National Book Foundation announced on social media that they were dropping Drew Barrymore as host of their upcoming awards ceremony amid the talk show's fall from grace after her announcement to resume "'The Drew Barrymore Show" despite ongoing strikes in Hollywood. In a post on X Tuesday, the Foundation announced their decision to rescind the actress' invitation. "In light of the announcement that The Drew Barrymore Show will resume production, the National Book Foundation has rescinded Ms.