America Ferrera Los Angeles USA show Pride Netflix America Ferrera Los Angeles USA

‘Gentefied’ EP America Ferrera Reflects On Cancellation: “It’s Small Miracle Every Time One Of Our Stories Is Birthed Into the World”

Reading now: 264
deadline.com

Netflix on Thursday canceled Gentefied. A day later, America Ferrera, who executive produced the half-hour Latinx dramedy alongside creators Marvin Lemus and Linda Yvette Chávez, shared her reaction to Netflix’s decision on Instagram.“So sad that our beloved Gentefied has reached its end,” she wrote. “I have nothing but immense pride for this gorgeous show and the incredibly talented humans who came together to put something new and deeply authentic on our screens.”Ferrera praised Lemus and Chávez who “valued and loved us enough to write us into the story with humor, complexity and heart.”Gentefied, hailed for its authentic Latino representation, could not attract big enough audience for Netflix to order another season as Season 2 did not crack the streamer’s Top 10.But while Gentefied’s run was ultimately cut short, the show went farther than many other series efforts featuring underrepresented voices and stories.

Ferrera was grateful that Gentefied, which follows East Los Angeles Latinos on their respective and collective search for the American Dream, made it to the air and thanked “all who helped make it happen.”“It’s a small miracle and a monumental feat every time one of our stories is birthed into the world,” she said about the continuing dearth of on-screen representation. “Let’s keep figuring out how to nurture and support our storytellers and stories- there’s still so much work ahead.”A post shared by America Ferrera (@americaferrera)New and returning series on broadcast, cable and streamingSeries that made it or didn’t make it in 2020-21Broadcast networks’ fall lineups and schedules

Read more on deadline.com
The website popstar.one is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Emily Blunt - Neville Parker - 'Up my game' Death in Paradise's Ralf Little addresses girlfriend's 'exploding' career - express - New York
express.co.uk
50%
726
'Up my game' Death in Paradise's Ralf Little addresses girlfriend's 'exploding' career
Death in Paradise's Ralf Little has told how he has to "up his game" if he and his fiancée Lindsay Ferrentino were to become a "power couple".Speaking in an unearthed interview, the actor, 41, recalled his proposal to the award-winning playwright, 32, before admitting that he needs to work harder to match the same level of success as his other half.The star, who plays Detective Inspector Neville Parker on the popular BBC programme, was quick to gush over his partner's achievements.Ralf said: "She’s doing annoyingly well."If we were ever going to be a power couple I’d have to seriously up my game."Her career is exploding in a way that makes me both incredibly proud, and obscenely jealous," he added to The Mirror.Last year it was announced that Lindsay is set to adapt her stage show Amy and the Orphans into a feature film on Netflix.The stage show previously premiered at the Roundabout Theatre Company in New York.Two years ago, Variety also reported that the playwright is set to direct the screenplay for Annapurna's drama Not Fade Away which will reportedly star Hollywood A-lister Emily Blunt.Lindsay's work has been applauded by critics with her play This Flat Earth being heralded as her "most daring play to date."Speaking on his Two Pints with Will & Ralf podcast, reflected on how he had proposed to his partner, citing the moment as "very romantic".Ralf told how he had planned the 2018 proposal in a country house and successfully managed to surprise his fiancée.Lindsay was treated to an afternoon tea, a spa session and a helicopter ride around Bath and Bristol for the special occasion.They eventually landed at a country house where they tucked into an afternoon tea.Recalling the moment he proposed, Ralf said he hid the
Diego Costa - Mikel Arteta - Fabrizio Romano - Diego Costa 'close' to finding new club amid Arsenal January transfer interest - dailystar.co.uk - Brazil - Madrid - Saudi Arabia
dailystar.co.uk
85%
821
Diego Costa 'close' to finding new club amid Arsenal January transfer interest
Arsenal in the January transfer window.The former Chelsea striker was shockingly linked with a move to their London rivals after his contract with Brazilian Serie A side Atletico Mineiro was terminated.The Gunners reportedly made contact with Costa's representatives as Mikel Arteta is looking to add to his attacking options this month.However, it emerged earlier this week that the 33-year-old favoured a move elsewhere.And now transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has revealed that club, Corinthians, are nearing a deal to sign him."Corinthians are pushing to complete the signing of Diego Costa in the next hours," Romano tweeted."Verbal agreement now closer - still waiting for last details and final answer from Brazilian striker who's now free agent."Timao made the best proposal as of now. No talks with Arsenal."Costa would be staying in his home country and also reuniting with former team-mate Willian, who left the Emirates last year. Which former Prem stars would you like to see return? Let us know in the comments section. Arsenal may be relieved that it is at least not a rival Premier League club who is signing him.Costa has scored three times in six meetings against them in all competitions, ending up on the winning side on five occasions.He also scored the winner for Atletico Madrid to knock the Gunners out of the Europa League semi-finals in 2018.The Gunners will now have to turn their attention elsewhere, with a replacement for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang looking like a need.An offer was recently received for the striker from Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr, who want to take him on a loan-to-buy deal worth roughly £7m.Aubameyang's exit is currently under consideration amongst the Gunners hierarchy.It looks unlikely that he
Elizabeth II - Sam Aston - Corrie star Sam Aston's life - first job, stunning yoga teacher wife and sweet proposal - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - county Henry
dailystar.co.uk
93%
804
Corrie star Sam Aston's life - first job, stunning yoga teacher wife and sweet proposal
Coronation Street icon Chesney Brown (Sam Aston) faces police suspicion over the disappearance of his young son Joseph in upcoming scenes.The schoolboy went missing but has since returned home but questions remain over his whereabouts.Little Joseph disappeared when his dad informed the school, against his wishes, that he was being picked on.As the police investigation continues, Daily Star has taken a look into actor Sam Aston's life.The ITV soap star has been played the role of fan favourite Chesney since 2003.Viewers have watched the character grow up from Cilla's little son to a father of five.Like many child stars, the actor grew up on the show and has had a series of intense storylines including being held hostage, constantly getting dumped and becoming a single dad.Sam made his television debut at the age of five, as an extra in Eddie Mountain.The 28-year-old actor also appeared in Where the Heart Is and The Bill before joining the ITV soap.In 2003, he was cast in the role of Chesney in Coronation Street after four auditions.Sam was awarded Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards in 2004.The following year, the TV personality won Best Dramatic Performance for a Young Actor or Actress at the British Soap Awards.In October 2005, Sam presented the Queen with a bouquet at a party to celebrate 50 years of ITV.He appeared as Horrid Henry in the Children's Party At The Palace, an event to celebrate the 80th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II in June 2006.Sam has also appeared on All Star Family Fortunes with his family.Sam first met yoga teacher wife Briony on MSN messenger.They got chatting online as young smitten teenagers and romance soon blossomed."Briony and I met when I was about 15 or 16," he told the
Boris Johnson - Boris Johnson left everyone shocked when he answered which football team he supports - dailystar.co.uk - county Johnson
dailystar.co.uk
75%
157
Boris Johnson left everyone shocked when he answered which football team he supports
Boris Johnson once gave a shocking answer which left football fans feeling slightly uneasy over which team he supports.The Prime Minster has been in the firing line in recent weeks after it emerged that a series of 'parties' were held by the Conservative Party while the country was under strict restrictions.But the controversial politician may have divided the population further with a bizarre claim during the middle of his second term as Mayor of London back in 2015.When asked what his footballing allegiances were, fence-sitter Johnson stated he had no favourites and was rooting for every club across the capital.He said: "I support all of the London teams," before adding his children support Newcastle United. While clearly a diplomatic response to keep fans of various clubs on-side in his political endeavours, Johnson’s answer comes as a surprise given the deep rivalries between London clubs.Such a statement would be inexplicable to die-hard West Ham fans who share a bitter and long-standing rivalry with Millwall.Do you think supporting two rival clubs is a disgrace? Let us know in the comments section.Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox - don't miss a thing.It only takes a matter of seconds.Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.And that's it, job done.
Supermassive black hole seen 'giving birth' to stars in universe-first, study finds - dailystar.co.uk - Montana
dailystar.co.uk
55%
692
Supermassive black hole seen 'giving birth' to stars in universe-first, study finds
black hole "giving birth" to stars through the Hubble telescope, a bombshell study has found.Boffins say they saw the incredible moment, believed to be a universe-first, where stars were seen tethered to a black hole near a dwarf galaxy.The supermassive black hole, roughly 34 million light-years away in the Henize 2-10 galaxy, was spewing out gases at a million mph, contributing to a new "firestorm" of new star formations.The remarkable discovery is unique, showing black hole birthing stars for the first time ever.Study co-author and astrophysicist at Montana State University, Amy Reines, said: "From the beginning, I knew something unusual and special was happening in Henize 2-10, and now Hubble has provided a very clear picture of the connection between the black hole and a neighbouring star-forming region".The statement continued: "Hubble's amazing resolution clearly shows a corkscrew-like pattern in the velocities of the gas, which we can fit to the model of a precessing, or wobbling, outflow from a black hole."A thin tendril was observed by astronomers coming out of the black hole and across space to a nursery of newly-formed stars.Lead author of the study, Zachary Schutte, a graduate from Montana State University, said in the statement: "The additional surprise was that, rather than suppressing star formation, the outflow was triggering the birth of new stars".Black holes inhale material from nearby gases and spew out jets, throwing streams of plasma out at nearly the speed of light.If heated to the right temperature, the gas clouds that make contact with the jet can become ideal nurseries for future stars.Hitting the right temperature is difficult, as if the gas clouds heat up too much, they can lose their ability