Monte Carlo: Last News

Peter Dinklage - Kit Harington - Jon Snow - Rose Leslie - Maisie Williams - Emilia Clarke - Monte Carlo - Martin Brundle - Kit Harington gives rare insight into fatherhood as he attends Monaco GP with Rose Leslie - express - Britain - Scotland - Monaco - city Monaco
express.co.uk
76%
717
Kit Harington gives rare insight into fatherhood as he attends Monaco GP with Rose Leslie
Game Of Thrones stars Kit Harington, 35, and Rose Leslie, 35, were among celebrities at Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix.The couple were in Monte Carlo to watch the race and support Kit’s brother, John, who is a member of the Red Bull team.  Upon their arrival at the Circuit de Monaco, Kit gave a rare insight into his family life with Rose and how he is finding things as a new parent.When asked by Sky Sports pundit Martin Brundle about any upcoming projects, the Jon Snow actor replied: "I've got a couple of films I'm going to do in the UK this year.In the interview, Kit also discussed his love of Formula One.He explained: “It’s a family thing, I've been watching it since I was knee-high and now my brother works at Red Bull.“So yeah, I’m a big Formula One fan.” Kit and Rose met on the set of Game Of Thrones and began dating in 2011.They played on-screen lovers, Jon Snow and wildling Ygritte, from season two until season four.They then married in 2018 at Rose’s family castle in Scotland.The ceremony was attended by their Game Of Thrones castmates including Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams and Peter Dinklage.The couple confirmed the arrival of their baby boy in February 2021.Kit later spoke about fatherhood and what had surprised him most about raising a child.He told Access Hollywood last year: “I think the thing that's surprised me most is, you know, they tell you, 'Look, it's big.
Monte Carlo - Max Verstappen - Charles Leclerc - Carlos Sainz - Sergio Perez - Charles Leclerc says 'we cannot do that' as he fumes at Ferrari after Monaco GP - dailystar.co.uk - France - Monaco - city Monaco
dailystar.co.uk
46%
640
Charles Leclerc says 'we cannot do that' as he fumes at Ferrari after Monaco GP
Ferrari team that they 'cannot do that' after his woes in his home Grand Prix in Monaco continued.The Ferrari ace held pole position for the second year in a row but headed in 2022 with a sorry record of never finishing a race in the French principality throughout his racing career and, while that run would end, there was still further disappointment in Monte Carlo.Rain led to a delayed start and a change in race strategy across the grid, with Ferrari making the first move in the pits to change to dry tyres after calling both Leclerc and teammate Carlos Sainz into the pit at the same time.Leclerc came in after his teammate but, immediately after his entry to the pit lane, was told to stay out but the message came too late and Red Bull capitalised, performing an undercut to see Sergio Perez and Max Verstappen gaining places.Ferrari were unable to overhaul their rivals, with Leclerc suffering the pain of not securing a podium finish despite his pole position on the grid as he came home fourth - with Perez winning, Sainz coming in second and Verstappen third. Leclerc could not hide his disappointment following a weekend where he will have hoped to achieve a lot more and it was clear that he points the finger of blame towards his team."No words, no words.
Monte Carlo - Max Verstappen - Charles Leclerc - Christian Horner - Sergio Perez - Christian Horner calls out Sky Sports commentator live on air for boozy Monaco night out - dailystar.co.uk - Monaco - city Monaco
dailystar.co.uk
46%
248
Christian Horner calls out Sky Sports commentator live on air for boozy Monaco night out
Christian Horner called Sky Sports commentator David Croft out live on air following a boozy night out in Monaco on Friday evening.The glitz and glamour of Monaco take centre stage in Formula One this weekend with the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo, which saw a frantic few days kick-off on Friday with two practice sessions.It seems all the fun didn't stop at the end of the second practice session however, where Ferrari's Charles Leclerc was fastest, as Croft took in the fun of Monaco by attending a party at the Red Bull energy station.Croft may have hoped to have kept his antics under wraps from the general public but was not afforded that luxury as Horner threw him under the bus at the start of the third and final practice session on Saturday.Horner joined Sky Sports' coverage from the pit wall and was asked how his team's drivers, Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez, were feeling on the track with the modern era of Formula One cars appearing to pick up every bump that is present on the street circuit.However, Horner quickly diverted the conversation to the Friday night antics of the Sky Sports commentator and lifted the lid on what sounded like an entertaining night out in Monte Carlo."Good afternoon. Before we get into all of that, how are you feeling? I gather that Crofty goes large in Monaco last night on the Red Bull energy station.
Monte Carlo - Max Verstappen - Fernando Alonso - Charles Leclerc - Carlos Sainz - Sergio Perez - Monaco GP chaos as three cars crash in final minute of qualifying as session is red flagged - dailystar.co.uk - Monaco - city Monaco
dailystar.co.uk
36%
882
Monaco GP chaos as three cars crash in final minute of qualifying as session is red flagged
Charles Leclerc took pole for Ferrari after his own crash in 2021 brought an early end to the qualifying session but this year saw even more chaos, with three cars involved in accidents in the final minute of the session.Red Bull's Sergio Perez lost control and spun in the final corner before the tunnel section of the Monaco Grand Prix, hitting the barriers rear-end first and potentially damaging his rear box - with Carlos Sainz then involved in a similar incident seconds later that saw the Ferrari collide with the stationary Red Bull.That puts the Spaniard at risk of a reprimand as it's unclear whether he noticed yellow flags being waved and whether he went too fast under caution, which would result in a 10-place grid penalty after already being issued three reprimands this season.Elsewhere on the track, there was more drama in the final minute of qualifying as there was another accident that would have likely resulted in the session being ended prematurely.Alpine's Fernando Alonso went head-on into the barrier at Mirabeau in a frantic period of events in Monte Carlo, which is widely renowned for being extremely difficult to race around due to the extremely narrow circuit and wide Formula One cars.Leclerc sits alongside teammate Sainz on the front row of the grid, though that could change with a penalty, with Red Bull pair Perez and Max Verstappen on the second row - with the latter not quite finding the pace he would have liked in the session.HAVE YOUR SAY! Should Carlos Sainz be reprimanded following his crash? Comment below.Verstappen currently has a narrow six-point lead in the hunt for the championship following three consecutive victories in Imola, Miami and Barcelona, though it's Leclerc's Ferrari that seems to
Motsi Mabuse - Monte Carlo - Chanel - 'Disgusting!' Motsi Mabuse's backlash against pals' reaction to Russians' Chanel boycott - express - Ukraine - Russia
express.co.uk
71%
685
'Disgusting!' Motsi Mabuse's backlash against pals' reaction to Russians' Chanel boycott
Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse took to Instagram to criticise pals for liking a post showing Russian women destroying their Chanel handbags after the brand blacklisted their country, but staying silent on the subject of the war in Ukraine.The dance star, 40, expressed her disgust at the actions in her Instagram stories.Motsi's post comes as Chanel has issued a ban on Russian citizens buying their products as a result of the country's invasion of Ukraine - and some fashionistas are furious, taking to the internet to prove it.The post Motsi was referring to was one by the Monte Carlo-based fashion and beauty influencer @victoriabonya, who has over 9.3 million followers.In the video, the influencer wrote how Chanel "doesn't respect its clients".Victoria proceeded to rip one of their classic quilted leather handbags to shreds, tearing it to pieces with a large pair of scissors and throwing it across the room.The act is part of a new online trend among fashion-conscious Russian women, who are protesting the fashion house's decision to close its stores in their country.Resharing the video, Motsi wrote: "It's so funny to see people liking this person's post."You are quiet about the war, about people dying but liking stupid posts like these!"Please gladly unfollow me! People are being killed by your government.
Vladimir Putin - Monte Carlo - Former Chelsea owner makes sarcastic "Putin is s****** himself" jibe over sanctions - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - Ukraine - Russia - city Moscow
dailystar.co.uk
76%
278
Former Chelsea owner makes sarcastic "Putin is s****** himself" jibe over sanctions
Chelsea owner Ken Bates has blasted the impact of government’s sanctions against Roman Abramovich, joking that president Vladimir Putin would be “s****** himself” in response to the latest measures.Abramovich had his assets frozen in the UK after being sanctioned on March 10, forcing Chelsea to operate under a special sporting licence which limits what they can do.The Russian oligarch was in the process of selling the club, with several interested parties understood to be lining up bids, but those plans were brought to a grinding halt by the sanctions imposed on the Russian.Under the terms of the licence, European champions Chelsea cannot sell tickets or merchandise, buy or sell players, or offer new contracts until May 31 — leaving the club facing an uncertain future as they struggle to cope with their weekly costs.Bates bought Chelsea for £1 in 1982 before selling to Abramovich in July 2003 for around £140million, and the club have experienced a successful period under his ownership with 21 trophies in 19 years.And the 90-year-old, who now resides in tax haven Monte Carlo, was critical of the measures implemented that have left Chelsea potentially facing financial ruin. “The fact that you can't buy a Chelsea match programme must mean that Putin is s*****g himself and all the ordinary people of Moscow are hiding in their cellars because they can't see a Chelsea match on TV,” he told the Daily Mail.“As usual it is the ordinary people who are suffering.
Piers Morgan - Jeremy Clarkson - Monte Carlo - Jeremy Clarkson receives Piers Morgan 'warning calls' from restaurant owner after feud - express - Britain - London
express.co.uk
87%
710
Jeremy Clarkson receives Piers Morgan 'warning calls' from restaurant owner after feud
Jeremy Clarkson, 61, has revealed why glitzy Mayfair eatery The Wolseley is his favourite place to dine in London. Although the modern European cuisine is one of the factors that keeps Jeremy coming back, he declared “the main reason I like the Wolseley is the man who runs it”.Praising the restaurant’s boss, Jeremy King, the former Top Gear host claimed that his unique customer service involves giving the star a call to warn him about fellow guests who may cause him some awkwardness and ruin his dining experience.The TV personality said he’ll usually receive a call from King to help him avoid any run-ins with his ex-girlfriends, or former nemesis Piers Morgan.Jeremy and Piers had been embroiled in a feud that dated back to the former Good Morning Britain host’s time as editor of the Daily Mirror.Their bad blood escalated when Jeremy stormed over to Piers at the 2004 British Press Awards and punched him three times in the head.The pair then finally reconciled over a five hour drinking session at a pub in Kensington, west London in 2014.Writing about his love of the restaurant in his latest column for The Sunday Times, Jeremy explained: “There are many reasons I like this restaurant so much. “First, there’s always someone in there I know and can ignore. “Then there’s the temperature, which is always set at a level where it feels as if there’s no temperature at all.  “Then there’s the haddock Monte Carlo.
DMCA