Birmingham Entertainment hospital stars Birmingham

Vue cinema fined £750,000 after customer dies after getting trapped in chair

Reading now: 133
www.dailyrecord.co.uk

cinema giant Vue Entertainment has been fined a total of £750,000 for safety breaches after a customer became fatally trapped in a chair.

Ateeq Rafiq, 24, passed away in hospital in March 2018 after his neck was crushed under the powered chair, which was soon discovered to have a blown fuse in its control box.The Crown Court in Birmingham heard how the father-of-two crouched down in search for his keys and phone, unaware that the foot-rest at Vue's cinema was not able to be lifted by hand.

Read more on dailyrecord.co.uk
The website popstar.one is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News