Omid Scobie: Last News

prince Harry - Meghan Markle - Omid Scobie - prince Andrew - princess Anne - Charles - Richard Eden - Meghan's pal apologises for saying the Queen's coffin will 'travel from Scotland to UK' - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - Scotland - USA - county Hall - Ireland - city Westminster, county Hall - county Prince Edward
dailystar.co.uk
52%
266
Meghan's pal apologises for saying the Queen's coffin will 'travel from Scotland to UK'
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry has apologised for making an error after he mentioned the Queen's coffin will "travel in royal train from Scotland to UK".Omid Scobie, who co-authored the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's biography Finding Freedom, appeared on ABC News to tell American audience what would happen as the news of the Queen's death broke last week.He said on Thursday, September 8, during a live broadcast, commenting: "The Queen will end up laying at rest at the smallest palace in Edinburgh before it [the coffin] makes its journey on one of the royal trains over to the UK".READ MORE: Meghan Markle hugs mourner and thanks her for paying respects to Queen in sweet videoMr Scobie's blunder was spotted by Richard Eden, royal correspondent at Daily Mail, who tweeted: "Dear Omid Scobie, Scotland is part of the UK, there is only one royal train, and it won't be used to carry The Queen's coffin to London."Her Majesty's coffin, which is currently lying at rest in St Giles' Cathedral, Edinburgh, where her son King Charles and his three siblings - Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward - held a silent vigil last night.At the end of the 24 hours lying-in-state, the coffin will be flown to London in the early evening on Tuesday and upon arrival, the coffin will be removed from the plane by a bearer party into the state hearse, with a guard of honour formed by the Queen's Colour Squadron.The hearse will then head to Buckingham Palace and rest in Bow Room for overnight and transferred to Westminster Hall to lie in state on Wednesday (September 13).Viewers picked up on Mr Scobie's mistakes and shared their thoughts on the comments.One said: "'Over to the UK'? Does he think Scotland is Ireland?""Mr Misinformation himself!
prince Harry - Omid Scobie - Elizabeth II - Camilla - Meghan - Charles - Ii Queenelizabeth - Poignant moment Prince Harry consoles airport staff after Queen Elizabeth II dies - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - Scotland
dailystar.co.uk
55%
337
Poignant moment Prince Harry consoles airport staff after Queen Elizabeth II dies
Prince Harry consoled airport staff who were visibly upset over the loss of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II.The Duke of Sussex was seen boarding a British Airways flight back to London at Aberdeen International Airport after being photographed leaving Balmoral this morning (September 9).In a video captured of him walking towards the steps of the plane, he was seen wearing a black suit and carrying a shoulder bag as he was accompanied by a woman wearing a hi-vis vest.READ MORE: Prince Harry seen leaving Balmoral alone after Queen's tragic deathThe woman looked upset as she appeared to be in a conversation with the 37-year-old son of the new monarch, King Charles III.At one stage he was seen putting his hand on her shoulder to consol her just seconds before boarding his flight.The news comes after the Prince has been filmed leaving Balmoral Estate the day after his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II died aged 96. Harry was pictured being driven out through the main gates of the private royal residence in the Scottish Highlands by his security team.For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here. Omid Scobie, a pal of Meghan and Harry's who co-wrote the authorised biography Finding Freedom, said: "After spending the night at Balmoral, Prince Harry has left this morning to make his way back to Windsor.
Meghan Markle - Omid Scobie - Prince Harry - Meghan Markle and Prince Harry endured 'disturbingly violent' threats during Jubilee - dailystar.co.uk - Britain
dailystar.co.uk
91%
560
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry endured 'disturbingly violent' threats during Jubilee
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were bombarded with ‘disturbingly violent' threats during their UK visit for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, a royal expert claims.The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s unofficial biographer, Omid Scobie, says the couple faced vile warnings of dismemberment, car accidents and rape which were all forwarded to the police.Citing the terrifying and torrid abuse from June, Omid has called on the UK Government to stump up the security they need when in Britain, Express.co.uk reports.READ MORE: Prince Harry made 'crucial' mistake in police protection row by 'overplaying his hand'Even Omid has come under fire from similar death threats as a result of being so close with Meghan, he revealed with the issue is “no different today”.Writing an op-ed for Yahoo news, Mr Scobie said: “Sources tell me that during the Sussex family’s visit for the Platinum Jubilee (which they were given state security for as it was an official royal event), a number of credible threats were intercepted by authorities.“I witness a lot myself, too. Thanks to a never-ending stream of false tabloid tales calling me the couple’s ‘close friend’ or ‘spokesman’, I regularly receive an extension of their online threats.“The messages range from extreme racism to disturbingly violent scenes involving the likes of dismemberment, car accidents and rape.“They always get forwarded to the police.”Mr Scobie’s comments come after Meghan and Harry won the right to challenge security decisions which would have left the couple without the “same degree” of protection as they had while working as full-time working members of the Royal Family whenever the couple visit the UK.
DMCA