county Buckingham: Last News

Clarence House - Charles - King Charles won't live in Buckingham Palace 'for 5 years' due to renovations - dailystar.co.uk - London - city Sandringham - county Buckingham - county Norfolk - county Charles
dailystar.co.uk
77%
566
King Charles won't live in Buckingham Palace 'for 5 years' due to renovations
READ MORE: Royal chiefs to 'quietly drop' Consort from Camilla's title before Charles' coronationA source told the Sun that the primary residence will be Clarence House, where the pair have spent the majority of their time of the past two decades which sits just 400 yards away from Buckingham Palace.The couple moved into the five bed residence after the death of the Queen Mother in 2003.There schedule is likely to see the royal couple spend three nights a week at Clarence House, two at Windsor Castle and weekends at the Sandringham retreat in Norfolk.The source said: "Refurbishment is very far behind schedule but the Monarch should be living at Buckingham Palace."It's the heart of the monarchy in London, otherwise it risks becoming just a tourist attraction."We effectively have a king without a palace to live in."But that is not the only residences the royals are able to make use of.They also have residences in Highgrove House in Gloucestershire which was bought by King Charles in 1980.Since then he has made it a point of pride in having the grounds immaculately attended to in line with his green credentials.Buckingham Palace thought to be around halfway through its refurbishment, much of which involves new wiring, plumbing, and heating.The bill for the refurbishment is footed by the taxpayer via the Sovereign Grant, with a third of the cash set aside for maintenance of all the royal palaces. The maintenance was ordered after the palace was deemed a fire risk and water damage risk having been left relatively untouched since the Second World War.
Sally Nugent - Elizabeth Ii Queenelizabeth (Ii) - Jon Kay - BBC Breakfast's Sally Nugent and Jon Kay both missing from studio in ongoing shake-up - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - London - county Buckingham
dailystar.co.uk
83%
162
BBC Breakfast's Sally Nugent and Jon Kay both missing from studio in ongoing shake-up
BBC Breakfast's Sally Nugent and Jon Kay were both missing from the studio again during a major format change.The BBC presenters are normally seen in the Salford studio together, but they ditched the red sofa for the second time this week on Tuesday morning (September 13).On Monday, the hosts traveled to separate parts of the UK to provide special coverage of the Queen's death, after the monarch passed away aged 96 at her Balmoral estate last Thursday (September 8).READ MORE: BBC viewers shock as Sally Nugent says stop bringing Paddington bears and sandwichesJon, 52, had appeared live from Edinburgh to mark the arrival of the Queen's coffin from Balmoral, whilst Sally anchored the show from Buckingham Palace in London.But the studio shake-up hadn't changed on Tuesday as Jon was back in Edinburgh on Tuesday and Sally was still in Buckingham Palace.Jon was stood in front of St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh, where the Queen's coffin was placed to rest for 24 hours for members of the public to pay their respects.Viewers were shown a live shot of mourners queuing up to enter the Edinburgh cathedral to pay their respects to Queen Elizabeth II after braving the cold and queuing through the night.Opening the show, Jon said: "Good morning, welcome to Tuesday's programme, and it's an extraordinary sight isn't it? The people you're seeing now have queued for hours.
DMCA