county Berkshire: Last News

Paul Hollywood - Matt Lucas - Prue Leith - Noel Fielding - Bake Off fans stunned as they spot massive change to this year’s series – did you notice it? - thesun.co.uk - Britain - county Hall - county Berkshire
thesun.co.uk
70%
808
Bake Off fans stunned as they spot massive change to this year’s series – did you notice it?
FOLLOWING a year away from our screens, a new set of bakers are back and all aiming to be crowned the next star baker.  The Great British Bake Off has opened its tent once more with Paul Hollywood and Pure Leith keeping a beady eye across the new batch of contestants as they aim to impress with their delicious creations.  However, some eagle-eyed fans of the show may have noticed a rather significant change to the show this year. Whilst it might not be new to everyone, new fans of the show may have been left confused to see the bakers and judges housed inside a different iconic white tent from the previous two seasons.  That’s because this series of Bake Off has returned to one of its older homes Welford Park in Berkshire, a Grade-I listed stately home which was in fact the home of the show from 2014 to 2019.  Covid restrictions forced the location of the show to change for 2020 and 2021, with it being situated in the more accommodating Down Hall in Essex, and as such newer fans of the show may have been left just exactly where they are.  Read More on Bake OffBAKED OFF Here's who has left The Great British Bake Off so fartent tears Bake Off's Prue Leith reveals moment she thought 'tearful' baker might quit The show, which is hosted by Matt Lucas and Noel Fielding, forced the contestants along with their families, the presenters and judges to form a Covid ‘super-bubble’ in order to protect them and keep them all safe for the past two series however now it is back to business as usual on the Channel 4 show.  Paul Hollywood expressed his delight to be in the former home of the show.  He told the Express: "I love filming at Welford and we've been away for a couple of years.
Kate Middleton - prince Louis - Elizabeth Ii II (Ii) - Charles Iii III (Iii) - Williams - Prince William and Kate say they're sending their kids to school during mourning period - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - county Windsor - Charlotte - county Berkshire
dailystar.co.uk
77%
496
Prince William and Kate say they're sending their kids to school during mourning period
Prince William has revealed why he and Kate are still sending their kids to school while the country is grieving for Queen Elizabeth II.While the nation joins the the royal family in a period of mourning following the death of Britain's longest-reigning monarch, there is a semblance of normality for Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.Thanks to a sweet decision made by the Prince and Princess of Wales the youngest members of their family have continued with their day to day lives. READ MORE: Charles III is a descendant of real-life Dracula and is fan of Transylvania Her Majesty passed away on September 8 and since then her relatives have been grieving her loss, attending vigils and admiring tributes to the Queen outside the palaces. And while this hasn't been a normal time for any of the royals, Prince William and Kate Middleton have continued to send their kids to their new school throughout the mourning period and they haven't missed their classes, reports MyLondon. To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here . Since the Queen's death, Kate has been pictured dressed all in black while picking the children up from Lambrook School in Berkshire, near their new home in Windsor.A mourner who met Prince William outside Windsor on Saturday, September 10 claims the Prince of Wales told her why they decided to keep the kids in school.
Kate Middleton - Louis Princelouis - Kensington Palace - Williams - Prince George, Charlotte and Louis’ eye-watering new school fees at Lambrook revealed - dailystar.co.uk - London - county Berkshire - city Charlotte
dailystar.co.uk
74%
599
Prince George, Charlotte and Louis’ eye-watering new school fees at Lambrook revealed
Prince William and Kate Middleton have confirmed that they will be moving to Windsor and that their three children will be moving schools.Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will all start at Lambrook school near Bracknell in September.In a statement, Kensington Palace said: “Their Royal Highnesses are hugely grateful to Thomas’s Battersea where George and Charlotte have had a happy start to their education since 2017 and 2019 respectively and are pleased to have found a school for all three of their children which shares a similar ethos and values to Thomas’s.”The family will be moving to Adelaide Cottage on the Windsor Home Park, where they will be closer to the Queen, who made the permanent move to Windsor Castle earlier this year.As back to school season approaches, the three young royals will be preparing to start at their new school very soon, but the move won't come cheap with the private school charging some extortionate prices.Prince George and Princess Charlotte used to attend Thomas’s Battersea school in London, while Prince Louis attended Willcocks Nursery School.Now, the three royal siblings will all be attending the same school together for the first time as they move to Lambrook School in the Berkshire countryside.The prestigious school has 620 students and boasts 52 acres of grounds, including an orchard, nine hole gold course and "endless" sports pitches.Jonathan Perry, headmaster at Lambrook School, said: "We are delighted that Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will be joining us this coming September and very much look forward to welcoming the family, as well as all of our new pupils, to our school community."The fees for Lambrook school vary between £2,195 to £6,999 per
Miranda Hart - Miranda Hart's life explored- real-life romance, death heartbreak and BBC show exit - dailystar.co.uk - Britain - county Berkshire
dailystar.co.uk
78%
973
Miranda Hart's life explored- real-life romance, death heartbreak and BBC show exit
BBC programme, the 49-year-old star was quickly given her own platform as a budding comedian - despite only having a few smaller gigs beforehand under her belt.The English actress proved to be so popular with fans, that she was eventually given her own autobiographical sitcom called Miranda - which was derived from her earlier Radio 2 series Miranda Hart's Joke Shop in 2008.READ MORE: Where Miranda stars are now - affair betrayal, dementia heartache and Hollywood fameIn 2012, she landed the role of Camilla "Chummy" Fortescue-Cholmondeley-Browne in the BBC drama series Call the Midwife and she quit the role four years alter in August 2016.Although Miranda achieved stardom in no time at all, not much is widely known about her private and personal life.Here, Daily Star uncovers the detail.The TV star was born in Torquay, Devon to parents Captain David Hart Dyke and Diana Margaret Luce.Having been born into an aristocratic family of barons, marquesses, earls and dukes, it bares no surprise that Miranda was shipped off to an independent girls' boarding school.She was privately educated at Downe House, near Thatcham in Berkshire where she was acquainted with Gogglebox Celebrity star Claire Balding, who was head girl at the school.After leaving with a degree she decided to pursue her real passion which was acting and headed to the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts to complete a postgraduate course.Miranda has spoke out in the past about her issues with her height.
Man 'with crossbow at Windsor Castle' on Christmas Day said 'I'm here to kill the Queen' - dailystar.co.uk - county Berkshire - city Southampton
dailystar.co.uk
61%
261
Man 'with crossbow at Windsor Castle' on Christmas Day said 'I'm here to kill the Queen'
Queen".Westminster Magistrates Court heard on Wednesday morning Jaswant Singh Chail, 20, explain what he was doing then stopped by police on Christmas Day last year.At the time of being handcuffed on December 25, Chail was allegedly wearing a mask and hood while carrying a crossbow loaded with a bolt with the safety catch off and ready to fire.He had made it almost as far as the Queen's private residence, with a line of sight to her apartments, where she was at the time.Earlier this month Chail was charged with an offence under section 2 of the Treason Act, 1842 which is "discharging or aiming firearms, or throwing or using any offensive matter or weapon, with intent to injure or alarm her Majesty".Chail, from Southampton, has also been charged with threats to kill under section 16 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861 and possession of an offensive weapon under section 1 of the Prevention of Crime Act 1953.He appeared by video-link from Broadmoor high-security psychiatric hospital in Berkshire on Wednesday charged with an offence under Section 2 of the Treason Act, possession of an offensive weapon and making threats to kill. Chail, wearing a dark jacket over a black top, sat at a table with his arms folded during the hearing, speaking to confirm his name, date of birth and current address at Broadmoor.For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters hereIt was said he was there "with intent to injure" the Queen, the court heard.A police officer said he looked like someone from a vigilante movie.A third charge states he had "an offensive weapon, namely a loaded crossbow" in a public place.
DMCA