Bob Saget Dave Chappelle Los Angeles Hollywood Death Bob Saget Dave Chappelle Los Angeles

Dave Chappelle On Bob Saget Death: “I Didn’t See (It) Coming,” Missed Last Text

Reading now: 601
deadline.com

Dave Chappelle regrets that he missed his last chance to speak with Bob Saget.During a Thursday night comedy set at the Peppermint Club in West Hollywood, Chappelle spoke about how he missed a final text from Saget.“Tomorrow I’m going to go lay my comrade to rest,” Chappelle said, according to video footage posted to TMZ on Friday.“Listen, I’m getting old, so a lot of people I know die… I started doing this comedy young.

All of my peers are older than me. These [N-Words] is dying like hotcakes, but I didn’t see [Bob’s death] coming.”“[Bob] just text me and I saw the text yesterday and never texted him back because I was just busy.

Yeah, it happens,” said Chappelle. “I’m just saying this to remind you: these moments are precious. When I come out at night, I’m not just hanging out; I’m making memories.

Read more on deadline.com
The website popstar.one is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Annual 'Knob Throwing' event cancelled because it has 'grown too big and hard to handle' - dailystar.co.uk - Britain
dailystar.co.uk
82%
532
Annual 'Knob Throwing' event cancelled because it has 'grown too big and hard to handle'
knob-throwing competition has been cancelled as organisers announced it had grown too big to be run by a village committee.Organisers of the Dorset Knob Throwing event say it’s too large for them to run properly and also have a ‘knob’ supply issue.The Dorchester event brings together people of all ages to throw local hard biscuits - or knobs - and is measured to see whose biscuit is thrown the furthest.Officials say it’s now too popular to host, and “agreements to provide the biscuits for the event’s games also took much longer than anticipated”.The Knob Throwing and Frome Valley Food Festival, which was launched in 2008, was originally due to be held on May 1 this year.In 2019, the event attracted over 8,000 people from across the UK.A disagreement over the venue meant it didn’t take place in 2020, and it was scrapped last year too because of Covid.Committee chair Alexandra Watts said: “It is with great sadness that the Dorset Knob Throwing and Frome Valley Food Festival is unable to go ahead on May 1.“We had more than 8,000 people attend the 2019 event, meaning it has reached such a size that it simply cannot be run by a small village committee.“We’ve looked at various options but sadly couldn’t make any of them work for this year for many reasons.”Knobs used in the contest are a traditional Dorset biscuit made using fermented dough and given three separate bakings.The contest sees up to 4000 rivals try to hurl their knobs - a type of Dorset biscuit dating back hundreds of years.People can also take part in guess the weight of the biggest knob, a knob and spoon race and knob darts.The festival has had other issues before.In 2017 there was disaster when rainy weather made the biscuits soggy and heavier and harder to