Vanessa Bauer show dance ICE Vanessa Bauer

Dancing on Ice’s Brendan reveals tension behind the scenes as partner Vanessa Bauer has to ‘calm him down’

Reading now: 910
www.thesun.co.uk

BRENDAN Cole has revealed tension behind the scenes at Dancing on ice. The former Strictly dancer says his skating partner Vanessa Bauer is having to "calm him down" as Sunday's launch show edges closer.

Brendan, 45, suffered concussion after a nasty fall on the first day of rehearsals. And he says "accidents happen all the time" as stars work hard to avoid being voted out first.

Comparing this experience to his time as a professional dancer on Strictly, Brendan said: "I've performed in this scenario for 15 years where I've been the one in control and having to calm my partner down. "Thankfully I've got a partner who can calm me down on Sunday.

Read more on thesun.co.uk
The website popstar.one is an aggregator of news from open sources. The source is indicated at the beginning and at the end of the announcement. You can send a complaint on the news if you find it unreliable.

Related News

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang - Alexandre Lacazette - Mikel Arteta - Eddie Nketiah - Rafa Benitez - Arsenal to target Dominic Calvert-Lewin if Dusan Vlahovic transfer falls through - dailystar.co.uk - Manchester - Serbia
dailystar.co.uk
78%
100
Arsenal to target Dominic Calvert-Lewin if Dusan Vlahovic transfer falls through
Arsenal will move for Dominic Calvert-Lewin if they fail to sign Dusan Vlahovic.But any attempt to sign the Everton and England striker will not be made until the summer - and is certain to be strongly resisted by the Merseysiders.Fiorentina star Vlahovic is Arsenal's top target and they have made it clear they are willing to do a deal worth over £50m to bring him in now.But the Serbian international wants to join a club that can offer him Champions League football next season - and Juventus are currently favourites to sign him.Tottenham have also enquired about Vlahovic but Juve believe the player wants to join them.The Gunners also fear Manchester City could yet come into the running for the 21-year-old, who has scored 20 times in 24 games this season.So Arsenal are drawing up contingency plans - and Calvert-Lewin is the man they will turn to if Vlahovic turns them down.The Gunners have kept tabs on Toffees star Calvert-Lewin for years and believe the 24-year-old's best years are still to come.But Everton will resist any attempt to sign him, despite the financial situation at Goodison Park meaning sales are likely this summer whether they stay up or not.Calvert-Lewin is regarded as a key player by the club both now and for the future, with recently sacked boss Rafa Benitez trying to build a team around him.The 11-cap striker started the season with three goals in three games but was then ruled out for four months through injury, and has only recently returned.Arsenal could say goodbye to three strikers between now and the summer with the futures of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah up in the air.Gunners boss Mikel Arteta wants a big name brought in to help his team take the next step and
Betty Boo returns with ‘Get Me To The Weekend’, her first solo single in 30 years - nme.com
nme.com
88%
447
Betty Boo returns with ‘Get Me To The Weekend’, her first solo single in 30 years
Betty Boo has returned with her first solo single in 30 years – listen to ‘Get Me To The Weekend’ below.The singer’s new solo release, announced last week, is her first since 1992’s ‘GRRR! It’s Betty Boo’.The track premiered on Rylan’s BBC Radio 2 show earlier today (January 24), and is the first preview of a new solo album that’s set to be released later this year.Listen to ‘Get Me To The Weekend’, which samples ‘Love Action’ by The Human League, below.Betty Boo made her breakthrough as guest vocalist on The Beatmasters’ Top 10 single ‘Hey DJ/I Can’t Dance (To That Music You’re Playing)’ in 1989.Betty Boo released two albums – 1990’s ‘Boomania’ and 1992 follow up ‘GRRR! It’s Betty Boo’ – before she retired her solo career.She went on to write songs for other pop artists such as Popstars band Hear’Say and Girls Aloud, including the former’s Number One hit ‘Pure And Simple’ and the latter’s three singles ‘Mars Attack’, ‘Boogie Down Love‘ and ‘Love Bomb‘ from their 2003 album ‘Sound Of The Underground’.Speaking to NME about working with Girls Aloud previously, she said: “Post-pops star it was like being an ex-footballer and working at a club – although not as well paid. It was a bit shit.” She added: “Managing vocals on a group is difficult because you want to feature all of them equally and not turn up the best singer, because the others get upset.
Sonny Jay - Jason Donovan - Vanessa Bauer - Angela Egan - Dancing on Ice’s Bez forced to wear safety gear on launch night in show first after DISASTROUS rehearsals - thesun.co.uk - Australia
thesun.co.uk
66%
890
Dancing on Ice’s Bez forced to wear safety gear on launch night in show first after DISASTROUS rehearsals
NINETIES icon Bez has been such a disaster in training Dancing on Ice bosses are making him wear a helmet when he performs on Sunday night.  The Happy Mondays groover, 57, will be the first celebrity ever to wear safety gear live on the ITV show.  He said: “Falling over is a daily occurrence to me.  “If I don't bang my head on the ice, I don't feel I've been doing it properly.” Photos from training have shown Bez’s helmet fly off because he struck the ice so hard. And bosses are concerned how bad his fall could be under the pressure of live TV, when the show returns on Sunday.  A show source said: “Health and safety is obviously of utmost importance and Bez has had some spectacular falls.  “While it’s all part of the show - and he does it with a smile - when his helmet flew off and he bashed his head on the ice, producers took the unusual step of asking him to perform wearing a helmet.  “It’s not ideal, actually it’s quite embarrassing for him, but Bez has taken it on the chin like a trooper.” Bez is dancing with Angela Egan, 34, who reached the final last year with Sonny Jay.  Bez said: “On Wednesday I'd made a huge step and I only fell over once, which is really good for me.  “Today, I'm hoping to get through a full session without falling.  “But I definitely have more Frank Spencer moments than any man I know.” Last year the show was forced to skip a week, and then were forced to cut the show short after seven stars were forced to drop out, including five celebrity contestants, through injury and Covid.  Australian actor Jason Donovan picked up a back injury, while Joe-Warren Plant and his partner Vanessa Bauer had to leave the series after testing positive for coronavirus.
Holly Willoughby - Billie Faiers - Jason Donovan - Denise Van-Outen - Vanessa Bauer - 'Needed it' Holly Willoughby admits sneaking gin into Dancing On Ice amid 'stressful' time - express
express.co.uk
47%
442
'Needed it' Holly Willoughby admits sneaking gin into Dancing On Ice amid 'stressful' time
The last series had been increasingly fraught with tension, after Denise van Outen, Billie Faiers, and Jason Donovan all bowed out due to injury.In light of the catastrophes, Phillip recently admitted he had been banned from hitting the rink himself out of fears he would lose his footing and succumb to injury too.Holly was forced to share the sad news that 47-year-old Denise van Outen had suffered a dislocated shoulder and three bone fractures barely two weeks into the competition.Shockingly, she battled through the pain and continued skating for 15 hours after the dislocation so as not to "bother" the NHS.Soon afterwards came 31-year-old TOWIE star Billie, who had a terrifying head injury and, finally, 53-year-old Aussie actor Jason Donovan, who made it to the sixth week of action before a back injury ended his Dancing On Ice dreams.The string of injuries, together with contestants testing positive for Covid and reserve participants having to be drafted in at the last moment, all caused stress and anxiety for Holly.Baby-faced Emmerdale star Joe-Warren Plant and his pro partner Vanessa Bauer both succumbed to the virus and were forced to leave amid fears the entire series would collapse if Covid spread any further between the cast.Meanwhile, the show was unnervingly quiet, as due to social distancing restrictions, it was filmed without a live studio audience.However, it was nothing that a stiff G&T wouldn't solve.Holly was quick to point out to MailOnline: "We don’t do this on every ad break but for the final there was no wrap party and after the last series we all needed it."Meanwhile, Phillip was careful to avoid the rink after being warned of liability issues ever since he first began hosting the show.Claiming that